Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III

Update Media Files for Sheet Images

I need to mass update the image that is stored in the Media Library for a group of apps in Qlik Cloud.  The image that is being used is displaying on the Sheet header.  See attached screenshot for example.  Could i use the media/files API to upload a new image file with the same name to replace the original image?

If so i am having issues validating  the API in Postman. I think I am not understanding the path portion of the  command. i have structrued as below.  

Is the path the local path the new image will be uploaded from? does it go on the end of the call or in the Request string?

i would also like to change some Sheet tile styling options such as the background color and Font Color.  Is there a way to do that through an API?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

https://mytenant.us.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/apps/1111111-2222-3333-4444-5555555555/media/files/"C:/MyFolder/imagename.png"

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Reply
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @Ericga , don't define your local path, but just the name of your file you are uploading.

For instance I'm uploading an image called image3.png located in my Download folder on my machine. Below my Postman request

alex_colombo_0-1721832504800.png

If you are uploading a file with the same name, it will not work. Seems there is no replace option. You have to delete first, and then upload.

About setting the new image or change Sheet tile styling you have to use Engine API using SetProperties method

alex_colombo_1-1721832742175.png