cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwin
Master II
Master II

how to enable background color expression in Extensions

Hi, this is similar to an earlier question where i need to enable some of the options for a table extension.  ive seen similar and old questions that were never solved.  im hoping this is now possible with new releases

how do i enable these options in extensions?  :

edwin_0-1610400748166.png

where do i add those settings in the declaration?

definition: {type: "items",component: "accordion",
			items: {
				dimensions: {uses: "dimensions",min: 1, max: 1},  
				measures: {uses: "measures",min: 1, max: 50}, 
				sorting: {uses: "sorting"},				
				settings: {uses: "settings"},	
				addons: {uses: "addons",
                    items: {dataHandling: {uses: "dataHandling"}}
                },
				abouttxt:{label: "",type: "items",items: {abouttxt2:{label: "About",type: "items",
					items: {aboutt:{component: "text",
					label: ""}}}}} 
			}
		},

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devan9876
Creator
Creator

As far as I know there is not a designated background or text color property. What they have are "attribute expressions" and "attribute dimensions" which seem to be an array of custom properties that can be defined at the expression or dimension level that you can theoretically use for anything including background color. 

I think the reply on this link does a good job explaining how to use it for a background color property:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration-Extensions-APIs/qAttributeDimensions-Expression...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

any takers?

devan9876
Creator
Creator

As far as I know there is not a designated background or text color property. What they have are "attribute expressions" and "attribute dimensions" which seem to be an array of custom properties that can be defined at the expression or dimension level that you can theoretically use for anything including background color. 

I think the reply on this link does a good job explaining how to use it for a background color property:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration-Extensions-APIs/qAttributeDimensions-Expression...

edwin
Master II
Master II
Author

this allowed additional properties but im disappointed that there is no way to reference it by name, it is hard coded/positional.  your code needs to remember what the 1st option is etc..