Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BU
Partner - Contributor III

qlik.currApp() with 2 different apps

Hi all, i'm triyn' to develop a mashup that takes chart from 2 different Qlik Sense apps. i get the app object using the Root API method qlik.currApp().

I saw currApp() can take a parameter reference but i'm not able to use this in the correct way.

Can anyone give me some help?!

Thanks a lot and have a good day.

Ale

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You are not using qlik.currApp() in an extension, so `this` in your context is the function itself, the logic behind .currApp method will fallback by getting the first opened app - that can be random

For that to work, you need to send qlik.currApp({app.qlikApp}), but even in this case, I still recommend you to use qlik.openApp - and you don't have to worry about opening multiple websockets -- once an app is opened, when running qlik.openApp the second time, it will return the cached app.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BU
Author

The problem is that in some cases, currApp() takes the reference of a wrong app!!

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @BU ,

You probably shouldn't use qlik.currApp() in a mashup, always use qlik.openApp() instead.

If you are talking about a 3rd party visualization (extension) that uses qlik.currApp() and is rendered in a mashup - then always try to use qlik-currApp(this) <- this is the reference of the extensions object, it contains the app model, so it doesn't get confused about which app is current app.

I hope this helps

/aiham

BU
Author

Hi @Aiham_Azmeh , thank you for your answer!! I try to be clearly.

In order to create a mashup with 2 linked Qlik Sense Apps, i wrote a config js file that take in input a variable (appId) and create a link with the related app. (code below)

Cattura2.PNG

The getApp() method is implementd in a qCapability js and is used to open apps

Cattura3.PNG 

At the end, Into the views controller (i use MVC pattern to develop) i have this LOC

Cattura.PNG

used to get the app reference and manage page objects.

What i need is a way to pass an app object to the currApp() method (if it's possible) and have in all parts of my code, the right reference to the right app!!

i hope i was clear.

Thank

Alex   

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You are not using qlik.currApp() in an extension, so `this` in your context is the function itself, the logic behind .currApp method will fallback by getting the first opened app - that can be random

For that to work, you need to send qlik.currApp({app.qlikApp}), but even in this case, I still recommend you to use qlik.openApp - and you don't have to worry about opening multiple websockets -- once an app is opened, when running qlik.openApp the second time, it will return the cached app.

I hope this helps

BU
Author

Thank you so much @Aiham_Azmeh !!

I was worried about memory impact but it seems to work quite well!!

AB