This article explains how the Reporting connector in Qlik Application Automation can be used to generate multi-page PowerPoint reports. It also explains how to store the generated report on a cloud storage tool, like Microsoft SharePoint.
You can use the template that is available in the template picker. You can find it by navigating to Add new -> New automation -> Search templates and searching for 'Store a simple multi-page PowerPoint report to Microsoft SharePoint' in the search bar. Click on the Use template option to use it in the automation.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS
- Qlik Application Automation
The following steps describe how to build the demo automation. You will find a version of this automation attached to this article: "Store-a-simple-multi-page-PowerPoint-report-to-Microsoft-SharePoint.json".
- Search for the 'Create Report' block in the Reporting connector, drag it to the automation editor, and attach it to the Start block. Configure it by specifying a name for the report and selecting Sheets mode = All option
- Add the 'Generate Report' block to the automation and configure it to use the report we are building. Select PowerPoint as the format mode to generate a PowerPoint report.
- Find the Cloud Storage connector in the Block Library and add the 'Copy File' block to the automation. Configure it to use the output from the 'Generate Report' block as the Source File and set the Destination connector to Microsoft SharePoint (or another destination of your choice). Include the Path from the output of the Generate Report block in the Destination Path parameter to use the generated filename. Use the 'do lookup' functionality to find a Drive Id or a Site Id, but do not specify both.