Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Cloud: license remains assigned to deleted user

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Qlik Cloud: license remains assigned to deleted user

Last Update:

Jul 5, 2023 7:30:54 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Mar 21, 2023 9:40:46 AM

Attachments

Due a product defect, users deleted in mid-March 2023 might still keep a license assigned to them.

Environment

Qlik Cloud 

Resolution

The issue was solved on March 21st, and deleting users correctly deallocates licenses.

Qlik is working on finding a solution for removing licenses still allocated to users that were deleted during this period for both Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Sense Business subscriptions.
To speed up things, customers on Qlik Sense Enterprise can import and run the attached automation.
Customers on Qlik Sense Business can use the Qlik-cli instead by following this other article.

Related Content

Unable to remove or de-allocate user license, the license is reassigned to the user 

Labels (2)
Comments
afuruya
Partner - Contributor III

@Daniele_Purrone 

Thanks for the information.
Am I correct in assuming that this is occurring with Qlik Sense SaaS and Qlik Sense Business, not Qlik Sense Enterprise?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @afuruya , hybrid environment (client managed + cloud) might be affected as well, while there should be no issue on client-managed only.

afuruya

@Daniele_Purrone 

Thanks for the reply.
I was able to solve the problem by implementing  QAA in this article. Thank you very much.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Glad it worked, @afuruya !

pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Daniele_Purrone 
We have the situation, that we used Qlik Cloud firstly with QlikID and today we switched to Entra ID/Azure AD.

Unfortunately it seems, that the 'old' QlikID users have still a professional license allocated and we cannot get them back.

Do you have an idea what we can do in this situation?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @pwagner , have you checked the "Orphans" section?

Daniele_Purrone_0-1709220101959.png

Otherwise you can try following this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Cloud-Delete-license-allocation-with-Ql... 

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The Orphaned section has caught me out recently as the users in there DON'T show in the All Users list, so I thought I'd checked for my mysterious allocations... but no "All" does not mean "All" 😉

pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Daniele_Purrone 

YES - great, thank you. 🙂

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-07-05 07:30 AM
Updated by: