Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alejandro-juarez22
Contributor II
Contributor II

send a google sheets sheet by email

I want to send a google sheet by mail but I can't find the way, can you help me?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Alejandro-juarez22 

Unfortunately, It's not possible to send the google sheet as an attachment via email using QAA

We can achieve it using Microsoft Excel files where we can convert excel report to pdf and send it as an attachment using Send Mail block

For more info refer to the below article

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-convert-Excel-reports-to-PDF-using-Ql...

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Afeefa TK

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

There is a google sheets connector within Qlik Cloud application automation.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_QlikAutomation/connector-blo...

Application Automation connectors

Qlik Application Automation includes a set of connectors that let you integrate third-party services and applications into your data analytics workflows. This section lists the available connectors and what they are used for.

You may wish to being to explore your requirement therein.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Alejandro-juarez22
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer, I know the connectors but I'm not getting my automation to send the google sheet

qlik.jpg

Frank_S
Support
Support

I suggest that you disable the 'send mail' object and do a 'test' run to ensure that there are no errors in your automation.

Once your tests are good with 'send mail' block disabled, you will then need to

• re-enable the send mail block
  • ensure that your send mail object is configured accurately. 

Keep in mind that simple authentication has been disabled by providers such as google and microsoft. 

If the issue is with your SMTP provider which you use in your Send Mail object, then you may wish to try a different email provider. See suggestions in the link below.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Alejandro-juarez22 

Unfortunately, It's not possible to send the google sheet as an attachment via email using QAA

We can achieve it using Microsoft Excel files where we can convert excel report to pdf and send it as an attachment using Send Mail block

For more info refer to the below article

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-convert-Excel-reports-to-PDF-using-Ql...

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Afeefa TK

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Alejandro-juarez22 

UPDATE

We found a way to send Microsoft excel report as an attachment using Send Mail block. Please take a look at this article.

Thanks