Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III

How to create tables in pixel perfect report in nprinting

Hi all,

I have created a pixel perfect report  in nprinting with 10 pages.

I want to add tables into 3,5,7,9th pages but I'm not able to do this.

Because my all the tables are starting from 10th page only.  Because "Detail Report" area is going to be inserted after "Detail " area.

so how can I sort out this problems?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You inserted the chart in the detail level row of the table. This is the reason why you get this.

1 - Insert the QlikView or Qlik Sense objects you want to render as native tables in the Levels node

2 - Insert the QlikView or Qlik Sense objects you want to render as native tables in the Tables node

3 - Insert the first detail band and create the first table as documented

4 - Click on the white space on the bottom and select "Insert Detail Report" -> "Unbound". A new independent bar appears

5 - Create the first chart in the new bar.

6 - Click on the white space on the bottom and select "Insert Detail Report" -> "ID of the object to be used to create a new table"

7 - Create the second table

8 - Repeat the process

The template will looks like the following image.

010.jpg

The output is attached.

The exported template is attachet. To use it you need to create a connectio to the Sales Demo.qvw sample document.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To create a table in a PixelPerfect report you can:

- add a QlikView or Qlik Sense table as an image and drag and drop it in the template. Fast to do but rigid.

- follow the instructions at the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/PixelPerfectReports/Simple-PP-Report.htm and add a QlikView or Qlik Sense table in the level node. Then do a right click on a white space of your report template, select "Insert Detail Report" and click on the object ID of the QlikView or Qlik Sense object you want to use to build the table. The Detail band will be created and you can proceed as usual.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried to add the table as an image in Pixel perfect report that is not worthful.

Because In my table have around 11,12 columns so only 5-6 columns are coming into the one image rest of the columns are going to the next page with a new image.

So, is there any alternative way to add table along with images.

Example:-

Page 1:- Line graph

page 2:- Table

page 3:- bar chart

page 4:- Table

In an alternate way ...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would suggest you to do full NPrinting training with Qlik Partner or Qlik itself.

Your question is a basic knowledge which is widely covered in Youtube tutorials and already existing documentation.

I am attaching a video link below on how to create a native pixel perfect table.

Creating a native PixelPerfect table - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have already created all the tables and graphs in my pixel perfect report but now the requirement is to place table and graphs alternative page. that I'm able to do.    I have created all the graphs in the "Detail" section and all the tables in "DetailReport " section so all the tables are coming after all the graphs.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

just to add to it - you might need to rearrange bands to move your table up to the place where you want it

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think you have different issue - you did not plan your report structure all the way and it has change since you have started. With pixel perfect it is not always easy to re-arrange objects around.

My take is usually to draw sections of Detail and DetailReport and all Levels i use within to plan ahead where particular nodes need to sit.

Very often you need to add another Detail bands to report to cater required solutions.

Without a screenshot of your template it will be difficult to help you more.

It is possible that you will have to re-create some of the work you have already done to achieve what you want.

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to create a detail band before. So add a QlikView or Qlik Sense table in the Levels node. Then do a right click on a white space of your report template, select "Insert Detail Report" and click on the object ID of the QlikView or Qlik Sense object you want to use to build the table. The Detail band will be created and you can proceed as usual.

Post some screenshots as Lech says will be useful.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All.

In simple, I have already created Nprinting Pixel Perfect report which has all the Graphs and Texts in Detail Section. And tables in separate Detail Report section. I did this because I was not able to add the Table in Detail section and even the Tutorials they do it in the Same way i.e they create a Graph in Detail Section and Tables In DetailReport Section.

So, My question is can we create a Table in Detail Section and Can we create a Graph in DetailReport Section. Attached is the screenshot when I create Graph in Detail Report Section. Since the Dimension has 3 values it is repeating 3 times.

I want this requirements because I want to place 5 different graphs in the same section. Something like below

So how can I do this? I can do this in Detail section but not able to do it in DetailReport Section. If I do this in Detail Section then I am not able to add the tables in between the Graphs. So, Please help me with this Is it doable in Nprinting?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Vivek

just to clarify --> do you want to put native pixel perfect table  side by side with Native pixel perfect chart?

like this?

1.png

If this is what you want to do then we would have to ask experts how to achieve this and if it is even possible.

I do not know the answer as i have never had such requiremnt. When i think of the Pixel Perfect table and the way it is build (row by row) by looping through values from level, then i am thinking it is not straight forward solution.

Putting charts side by side is easy, but tables? I simply do not know. It would definitely require a workaround or detailed knowledge if it is possible at all...

rpc‌ Ruggero or djk Daniel - do you think it can be done?

cheers

Lech