Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glacoste
Creator
Creator

Best strategy for support security by reports (different user in areas of the company)?

Dear guys,  I have the follow business case, and i want validate the follow strategy for support this on NPrinting17 - NewStand. I have users from diferents areas in the enterprise, example: salesman, HR team, finances, etc. I have ceertains reports in newstand, but i want provide the suscription function only for certain reports (those suitable for the user's work area, salesman for example not should be can suscribe to the HR reports, etc). Example:

(APP) Country1:

(CONN) sales_country1.qvw

(REPORT) sales_by_sector_rpt

(CONN) HR_country1.qvw

(REPORT) productivity_rpt

(REPORT) confidential_rpt

(APP) Country2:

(CONN) sales_country2.qvw

(REPORT) sales_last_month_rpt

(REPORT) sales_special_rpt

I need create 2 user withs the follow privileges:

User1: only for suscribe to sales_by_sector_rpt and sales_last_month_rpt

User2: only for suscribe to productivity_rpt and confidential_rpt

-------------------------------------------------

If I create the follow solution:

ROLE1:

(APP) Country1

ROLE2:

(APP) Country1

(APP) Country2

User1: ROLE1 AND ROLE2

User2: ROLE1

- Then User1 can suscribe to all the reports, this include to confidential_rpt. Which is a problem since I'm looking for the user not to be able to choose to subscribe to that report.

- Then User2 can suscribe to  (productivity_rpt, confidential_rpt) and sales_by_sector_rpt. Which is a problem since I'm looking for the user not to be able to choose to subscribe to that report sales_by_sector_rpt.

----

I think I could create an app by area, but that would duplicate each report and each connection since the connection can be associated to only one area. I would like to hear your opinions.

What do you think is the right approach you should take to solve this problem in NPrinting 17 - NewStand?

Thanks in advanced

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, I think your is the right approach. You can assign an app to a role, after all users with that role will have the same rights to access to all reports in that app.

To a user you can assign all roles you want.

At the moment (February 2018) you cannot assign rights for a single report. A single report can only be filtered so display data for the specific recipient because user filters are applied to each generated report.

Assign an app into a Role.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.