cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III

Certificate issue connecting to Qlik Sense App

I'm attempting to connect my new qlik nprint deployment to a qlik sense app. Both qlik sense and nprint are on version May 2023.  When I 'test verification' I get the "X Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense" error. I've exported the certificates from qlik sense and placed them in the folder path as depicted. I used the hostname of the nprint windows server in the machine name. I also checked the secret key box.

I installed the root.cer certificate. I've also tried disabling the "validate certificates" option in the Settings->Task menu. 

cjcunningham_0-1703889676850.png

There's a few issues I have that I suspect may be the problem. 

1. The nprint service user is not a domain user. This is because the windows server is not domain joined
    1. Is this required? I have another nprint environment that uses a domain user, but the active directory it belongs to no longer exists. In that environment the 'test verification' button still finishes successfully. But I do get the "X The Identity and the Qlik NPrinting Engine service account are a Windows domain user." error. Despite that the connection still caches successfully. Because of this, I figured the domain user was potentially not necessary.
  2. I'm not able to log in remotely as the service user on the nprint machine due to nature of our network. I do have the password to the user though. So I tried installing the certificate via a powershell session I opened as the service user. This doesn't appear to have made a difference either. I've also tried installing the certificate just on the local machine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
cjcunningham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It sounds like at the very least domain joining is a good idea and may solve the issue. So I'm going to work with my team to see if we can get that constraint removed and the boxes domain joined.

Thank you for your input

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @cjcunningham 

yes - domain is one of manin requirements and it is well documented in Nprinting planning section of help site. I suggest you go though all that thoroughly as there are other requirements as well and they all have to be met!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-d...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.