Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin01
Contributor II
Contributor II

Image visible in Word preview but does not appear in final pdf output

Hi,

I m trying to create a word report where output format is pdf.

However ,on viewing the report in pdf  the image is not visible where as for word preview it is visible.

I have resized the image and set to Stretch in properties.

But still not visible.

What could be the reasons for this?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests in my installation and it work correctly: the pdf generated from a Word template contains the image. Could you add some details like screenshots to let us understand the issue? Could you re-generate the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and check that the source object is still available in Qlik Sense?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Robin01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

As you can see below table is pretty big,i think it is not fitting in pdf version as only that sheet appears blank

Robin01_0-1660750344428.png

I have adjusted the image to fit the page as below 

Robin01_1-1660749416854.png

Below are the image properties

Robin01_2-1660749480219.png

I am not sure what settings should i change here?

Appreciate any help

Frank_S
Support
Support

Have you turned on the 'extended sheet' feature by any chance?

If yes, this could be causing the issue. 

Ruggero's test would be with a standard sized QS sheet.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Robin01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Yes ,to fit the table I had to extend the sheet almost twice.

Any way to resolve this in Nprinting template ?

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The "Extend Sheet" feature does not work, so try to test after disabling it. Refer to the Known Limitations chapter of the Release Notes.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Regarding extended sheet question...that is exactly what I was driving at:

Essentially the printable areas can't be managed to meet Qlik Sense extended sheet changes. 

You can add it as an idea here in the meantime and have people vote for it if you wish.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-May-2022-SR1/ta-p/1947924#toc-hId--208279...

QlikEntities limitation with Qlik Sense entities

Jira issue ID: OP-8921
QlikEntity reports support Qlik Sense objects with the following limitations:

• Containers are not supported, but you can use all the objects that are inside containers.
  • Qlik Sense sheets can be added to QlikEntity reports and exported as images. The "Extend Sheet" feature does not work.
  • Export in PDF and TIFF is not supported.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Robin01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I removed the extend sheet option and still table is not coming in pdf .

How to know what the exact values of Data Displayed Height and width in pixels should be so that the table can be adjusted in page?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Try to reload the NPrinting cache.NP cache could be maintaining the extended sheet preferences.

But first, you would need to turn off the extended sheet feature switch shown here.

If you have an older version of QS that doesn't show this extended sheet switch or if you manually extended the sheet, then you would need to perhaps create a new sheet and copy your objects tot he new sheet.

Then reload NPrinting connection after making your updates.

Kind regards...