Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diane
Partner - Contributor III

[NPrinting May 2021] NewsStand move folder

Hi,

We have NPrinting May 2021 and we want to move the storage of NewsStand reports. Actually it is on "C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps\APP_ID\reports\published" and we want to move to D disk.

How can we do that?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Diane

Unfortunately it's not possible to redirect files off the c:drive where NPrinting program folders and files are stored.

If you need certain reports archived, I would recommend setting up D:drive folders or network folders and add this directory as an NPrinting report 'destination' along side your NPrinting NewsStand Destinations.

Then to manage disk space usage set your newsstand reports to clear on a based on Days to Keep and Reports to Keep as needed. This will remove Newsstand reports from the NP server. (the elapsed time is 48 hours for removal).

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Diane

Unfortunately it's not possible to redirect files off the c:drive where NPrinting program folders and files are stored.

If you need certain reports archived, I would recommend setting up D:drive folders or network folders and add this directory as an NPrinting report 'destination' along side your NPrinting NewsStand Destinations.

Then to manage disk space usage set your newsstand reports to clear on a based on Days to Keep and Reports to Keep as needed. This will remove Newsstand reports from the NP server. (the elapsed time is 48 hours for removal).

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Diane
Author

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I want my reports to be kept only 2 days and when I put : Days to keep = 2 and Reports to keep = 1 the reports are never deleted. 

how do I get my reports deleted after 2 days?

Thanks in advance

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The deletion does not happen immediately after you have entered the new parameters. Wait 24 hours and then check. Alternatively, each user can delete their own reports published on the NewsStand https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/News...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.