cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ops_team
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting web console not working

I received an email notification on 27th Dec on the Nprinting task (see text within the underlined section).

-----------------------

Qlik NPrinting task ran with 1 error.

Task: Cache generation task for connection ADU App Connection

Started: 12/27/2021 6:55:00 AM

Finished: 12/27/2021 6:55:20 PM

Errors

12/27/2021 6:55:22 PM Error     Cache generation timed out

--------------------------------------------

On going to the services and restarting NPrinting services as per the following post - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Proper-Order-to-Restart-Qlik-NPrinting-Services/ta-p/1715333 , I am able to access the Nprinting web console but on clicking on Connections, the webpage is still running (see screenshot below).

ops_team_0-1641108431954.png

I checked the Nprinting engine log - "C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs\nprinting_engine.log" and noticed the following message ‘RabbitMq bus is not connected - trying listener registration again in 10 seconds’.

The Qlik Nprinting engine version is 19.9.5.0. This issue has happened for the first time.

Please assist as soon as possible.

Thanks,

OPS

Labels (2)
11 Replies
QlikGM8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Frank_S ,

We encountered the same situation suddently in July.

1. Tasks are stuck in running. Unable to abort tasks.

2. Rabbit bus is not connected (engine log). Scheduler service wont stop nicely. Kill through task manager.

2. NP server Services restart nor server reboot helps (normally would be sufficient)

3. Recreation of NP engine does not help. Engine stays offline.

Also:

No changes have been made in the Qlik environment for several months.

We are running NP June 2020 SR1 with QlikView June 2020 SR2.

Ticket created to Qlik Support.

Can you confirm that upgrade will fix the problem?

What version would you recommend to install so that it will work with QV June 2020 SR2?

Thanks in advance!

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you have a support case, please continue to work through that to resolve the issue as you may have other unexpected issues in your environment unaccounted for in your brief issue description here.

However anecdotally, I have seen upgrades solve similar behavior for others including in my own tests environments.

Recommend reviewing compatibility and requirements page before upgrading to verify compatibility to QlikView and or Qlik Sense as needed. Ensuring  compatibility is critical before upgrading.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!