Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Compatibility List

Hello together,

I think I remember there was a graphic showing which NPrinting version is compatible with which QlikView / Qlik Sense version.

Does anyone still know about this or have a link for me?

Thanks and greetings

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Each version of NPrinting has the compatible versions of Qlik in the documentation, I believe.

See e.g. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

@Or  Thanks for the link.

As an example, does the NP Feb 2021 version mean that it is compatible with Qlik Sense Feb 2022 SR2, correct?

I find it unfortunately not really understandable written.

NPFeb2021.png

Or
MVP
MVP

Oddly, they seem to have overwritten the compatibility text for Feb 2021 with the one for May 2021, so you are correct that it isn't clear. Given that NPrinting May 2021 is only compatible with QS February 2022 as of SR2, I would expect that Nprinting February 2021 would not be compatible with this version (or it may be compatible as of a more recent SR). I think in this case it'd be best to contact Qlik's support for an official acknowledgement, though.

Historically, Qlik's rule was: "Note that your Qlik NPrinting version must be equal to or newer than your Qlik Sense on Windows version", so that's always my guideline unless the documentation specifies otherwise.

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

@Frank_S  Thank you for accepting the solution for me. Can you also tell us something about the content, is @Or  guess correct?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Danijel

Actually not sure how that got an accepted solution. 

I did however send your post to our R&D team. I had already posted a concern to our team last week and we are working on the language used here so it is more clear.

However, I do not believe Feb. 2021 NP is compatible with Qlik sense Feb. 2022.

May 2021 SR 2 and Higher IS compatible with QS Feb. 2022.

It looks like our documentation for Feb. 2021 NP needs to be reviewed and updated to reflect the most accurate compatibility.

I would suggest to upgrade to May 2021 SR 4 NPrinting (compatible with Qlik Sense Feb. 2022) in any case as this resolves many known issues that can be reviewed in each NPrinting release product release notes.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are remembering the compatibility table that was made for QlikView NPrinting 16. There is not an equivalent table for Qlik NPrinting 17+, you have to refer to the linked pages of the help site and the Release Notes.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, the documentation is incorrect for February 2021 (details in a previous post) but looks like @Frank_S  is already looking into that.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik Sense compatibility
Qlik NPrinting February 2021 is compatible with the following Qlik Sense versions:
- Minimum supported version is Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows September 2019
- Maximum supported version is Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows February 2021 for Qlik NPrinting February 2021
- Maximum supported version is Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows May 2021 for Qlik NPrinting February 2021 SR1

I confirm that we are working to update the help site page too.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.