Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server

Hello, 

I am trying to activate the test liscence on a QlikView Server Installation but keep getting the error: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. 

I already followed a thread where I checked the right of my windows user, length of server name, blocked ports... All services are running. 

see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Failed-to-retrieve-settings-from-QlikView-Se...

Do you have any idea what else could be necessary in order to activate my liscence?

Its on Windows Server 2019

64 bit

I am trying to activate QlikView Server May 2022 12.70

I generated a LEF text since I am not able to communicate with the internet freely. 

I did not enable Kerberos encryption because another article said it is not necessary anymore. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Verena

Labels (1)
12 Replies
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately that didn't help. I keep getting the same error messages. 

One when I navigate to License Dialog of QlikView Server.

And one when I entered the license information.

see attachements. 

Best regards

Verena

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi all, 

I actually solved it. 

The problem was that my Windows admin did indeed choose a servername which exceeded 15 letters. Windows does not prohibit choosing a server name that exceeds 15 letters.

When I was administering Qlik porcesses though, only 15 letters were displayed to me and hence I thought that this requirement is met.  

Thanks for all you help. 

Verena

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for sharing @VPR, great news!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer