server.png

The open button is not working, I cant enter a password

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @aghabdurauf_Badri,

The QlikView Desktop File > Open in server functionality doesn't require a password to be entered here.  What you need to enter is the QVP* address of the QlikView Server.  The QVP uses the hostname of the computer running the QlikView Server.  For example, if I had QlikView Server installed on a server named qlikserver1, the QVP address would be qvp://qlikserver1.

So to get past the screen you presented, you need to enter qvp://<hostname of the QlikView Server>.  If you do not know what it is, suggest that you ask your internal QlikView administrator.

*Note that QVP stands for QlikView Protocol and is the proprietary protocol used to communicate with the QlikView Server over port 4747.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @aghabdurauf_Badri,

The QlikView Desktop File > Open in server functionality doesn't require a password to be entered here.  What you need to enter is the QVP* address of the QlikView Server.  The QVP uses the hostname of the computer running the QlikView Server.  For example, if I had QlikView Server installed on a server named qlikserver1, the QVP address would be qvp://qlikserver1.

So to get past the screen you presented, you need to enter qvp://<hostname of the QlikView Server>.  If you do not know what it is, suggest that you ask your internal QlikView administrator.

*Note that QVP stands for QlikView Protocol and is the proprietary protocol used to communicate with the QlikView Server over port 4747.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!