Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to add user in distribute tab of QMC

Hi QlikView Community,

While creating task in QMC i am facing kind of strange problem. When i am going to distribute the task to the user, I am unable to add user details. For better understanding i am attaching the snapshot of the error message.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

QlikView  ##New to QlikView

Error SnapshotError Snapshot

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@AshishJaiswal_123 

Looks like the DSC is not responding due to Timeout . There is a default timeout value of 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds) for any other QlikView service communicating with the Directory Service Connector (DSC). It's a general timeout, handling all calls to DSC for that specific service. To increase this timeout value, a change is needed to the QlikView Management Service (QMS) configuration file - QVManagementService.exe.config located in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Management Service.  Kindly refer to the community post below for details

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/DSC-Cluster-did-not-respond-to-request-Last-exception-for-ht...

View solution in original post

AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Everyone Server reboot has fixed the issue. Thank you for your Support.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
AshishJaiswal_123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky  may be you can help me with this issue.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@AshishJaiswal_123 

Looks like the DSC is not responding due to Timeout . There is a default timeout value of 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds) for any other QlikView service communicating with the Directory Service Connector (DSC). It's a general timeout, handling all calls to DSC for that specific service. To increase this timeout value, a change is needed to the QlikView Management Service (QMS) configuration file - QVManagementService.exe.config located in %ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Management Service.  Kindly refer to the community post below for details

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/DSC-Cluster-did-not-respond-to-request-Last-exception-for-ht...

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Jill_Masinde  After doing above changes i am getting other error "The search criteria was too general. Narrow the criteria to get a result.

Attaching Snapshot

SearchCriteriais.png

Please help me. 

lucpechali
Partner - Contributor III

You had to use * in your search and there's too many answer (more than 500).

Instead of *, search for user with letters of the user

Ex : for Edisson Alan, you can use *Edi* or *Al* or anything near the name of your user replace by star for the others letters

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am using particular ID of that user but throwing the same error.

lucpechali

Is your DSC operationnal ? Don't you get a red star at the end of the line in your configuration ?

lucpechali_0-1659076086559.jpeg

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

ashish1504_0-1659076511547.png

See not working

lucpechali

Do you have multiple DSC ? In that case, you should choose only the one you're looking for in "Default scope"

ashish1504
Contributor III
Contributor III

No i don't think we have multiple DSC. Why it is unable to fetch other directories ?