cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access denied to Qlikview Document.

Hi,

I am using Qlikview desktop 11.20 to develop Qlikview reports and I have copied the ABC.qvw file to my local desktop from the remote server which is developed by another user.

while I am trying to open this ABC.qvw file through my local desktop giving me the error as access denied to document:-

please find the screenshot for your reference:-

can I need to any access to load this document. if yes can you please give step by step where I need to check whether I have access to this document or not.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

Hareesh Damineni.

14 Replies
nickedw0
Creator
Creator

Because of the Limited load, my Secure Access ID was not being read in (from an external file), causing the lock. By increasing the Limited Load to enough rows to include my ID, works fine.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Section access with data reduction relies on an association between the security table loaded in Section Access, and the main data model. During limited load, it is entirely possible that there will be no valid associations (ie the security key exists in the section access table and not in the main model or vice versa). Either way, you will lock the document and be unable to load it.

So, I would advise you to never use limited load together with section access and data reduction. I am glad you had a backup to fall back to.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am able to load the Qlikview documents through open the .qvw files from the RUN,

The issue is resolved few weeks back.

Thank you for all your efforts to clarify this.

ramasaisaksoft

Hareesh,

if you got the solution please close the thread by clicking "Correct Answer"

for whose post you satisfied

so that other will also know /fallow the same in future with that correct answer.

thenico35
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Hareesh,

I have the same issue (access denied to qlikview document).

What do you mean by "open the .qvw files from the RUN" ?

a print screen would be great to understand it. Thanks