Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Basic Loop problem in data structure

This is for sure a very simple question, but I don't seem to find a fix for this even after reading several similar cases..

I have this set of tables:

Renewals:   Country, ProductCode, some xtra info

Zones:        ZoneofWorld, Country

Products:   ProductCode, ProdDescription, extra info

Prices:       Country,ProductCode, Price

I understand that I have a loop here (I can go from Renewals to Prices using Zones or Products)

But the idea is exactly that (to be able to know how much are the renewals worth, by Zone of World/Country or by Product)

I believe, from what I've read, that one option is to include the info of Zones in Prices table.

I would just like to know if there are any other options since this seems to me to be a fairly common situation.

My sincere regards,

Rui

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Adding the zone info to the Prices table does seem to be the best option. You could also rename a field. For example if you're not interested in the zone info for prices, only for renewals, you could rename the Country field in the Prices table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Adding the zone info to the Prices table does seem to be the best option. You could also rename a field. For example if you're not interested in the zone info for prices, only for renewals, you could rename the Country field in the Prices table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Wassenar,

thank you very much for your help!!

That small tip really solved my problem!

Many thanks for your time!