Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting?

In my example below, I am trying to format the AgeOfRequest when % Complete >= 98.5%.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

thank you.

AgeOfRequest%Complete
100.00%
0.0017.09%
1.0028.69%
2.0040.47%
3.0059.71%
4.0077.68%
5.0096.67%
6.0098.26%
7.0098.87%
8.0099.18%
9.0099.37%
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use this expression for your dimension and expression:

If(Expression >= 0.985, Yellow())

You can also use any variation of Yellow using RGB() function

Not applicable
Author

Thank you but, it didn't work.  I am using a straight table with the Dimension AgeOfRequest, the Expression is

Sum(%Complete)  I have checked the Relative and Full Accumulation boxes in the Expression. I want to identify the result that is displayed. Do you have any other ideas?  Appreciate the help.

sunny_talwar

I guess try using RangeSum(Above()) with percentage calculation as Count()/count(Total ) for your expression and then use the same expression for check in the background color tab.

If you are unable to do it, would you be able to provide some sample data in order to help you better

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I have a fondness for data model solutions, so perhaps something like the attached. The data model handles the accumulation so that we can get the right percentages without using above(), full accumulation, relative, or other chart tricks. This uses a linkage table to connect the age of request to all requests at or younger than that age.

%Complete: count(CompletedRequest)/count({1} total CompletedRequest)
Background Color: if(%Complete>=.985,yellow())

Using {1} is perhaps overly simplistic. But the whole thing is overly simplistic. I'm just trying to get the idea across.

I'm not clear if my sample data at all resembles yours, but I hope that %Complete isn't a field in the data model, even if it looks like you're saying it is. I calculate percentages in charts, not store them as data. If you can't figure out how to adapt this to your data, give us a better idea what your data model looks like.

It responds correctly to selections in the AgeOfRequest, something to be careful of with some of the possible solutions. It should also calculate very quickly even on large data sets, which may or may not be relevant to your case. On the down side, having a HiddenAgeOfRequest is clunky and can cause headaches itself.

The linkage table is very much like the AsOf table that we often suggest for doing time period summations, so if you want more information, such as alternate ways of building the linkage table, searching for AsOf should get you some.