Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HOW TO RECODE LABELS?

Hi Friends !

I have a problem.

I need to create a variable called STATUS.

This STATUS must open up to 3 categories, called CANNOT FIND, CAN FIND, MISSING VALUE.

basically, i need to recode this label called STATUS, into that 3 groups.

how do i write the script such that it will generate STATUS when loaded. i have attached a qlikview file if you don't understand what i'm trying to say.

Thanks! =D

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nilesh,

You are trying to group status column values as CANNOT FIND, CAN FIND, MISSING VALUE. You can use the if condition in the Dimesion of the Chart. You can modify the missing value symbol '-' for the status column in the presentation tab.

Please refer the QVW file. Hope you are looking for this.

Not applicable
Author

Hey XXX!

What about the Missing value ? I need for there to be 3 parts, CANNOT FIND, CAN FIND & MISSING VALUE.

And the next step is, Making a box, which has the 3 parts, the heading would be STATUS. So if we click the CANNOT FIND, all the data for CANNOT FIND would be displayed in the chart. if we click CAN FIND, all the data for CAN FIND would be displayed in th chart. the same scenario for MISSING VALUE also.

Is this possible ? Thanks!

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey Hi Nilesh,

I have done R&D on your problem.

I got the solution attached within.

Please check and let me know if is this the desired output you want.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul!

that is the desired output i wanted,

but why is it that when i click MISSING VALUE, under the status column, everything is clicked ?

As in, when i click MISSING VALUE, there are mixture of MISSING VALUE, CAN FIND & CANNOT FIND ?

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Actually Nlesh,

Missing values practically does not exists for a particular record in the table called 'PRICE',hence the data will not be shown only for the Missing values.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nilesh,

Group the Status column values in to three categories at the script level.And use the Pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul! THanks for the help!

this was just a sample, but my actual file, there is a column called MANUFACTOR NO. and under this column, there are different values,like CANNOT FIND, manufactoring numbers like example : KL3458, KL4004, KL3040, and blank boxes which means NO VALUES.

do you know of any way i can make this into that variable called STATUS ? and recode the labels.

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Nilesh,

You can Replace MANUFACTURE NO at the place of STATUS in the code applied and label it as STATUS in the Chart you are making.