Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am new to QlikView ... why is file wizard not opening in the script editor?

I opened script editor browse to the data source (Excel and/or QV file) however the file wizard does not appear and any attempt to "click" within the application generates a "chime". Can anybody assist?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It will open a window where you will have to browse for your Excel file. Once you click the excel file then File Wizard will show up.

Test1.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You tried using the wizard like this?

Open the script editor (CTRL-E), then at the bottom, go to Data tab and click on 'Table files...'. Then chose your excel file and proceed.

Not applicable
Author

I had a browsed to the file and highlighted the Excel spreadsheet and click open .. It is at this point that the file was a does not open! Can you assist further?

Not applicable
Author

Few things you can try:

• In the Edit script > Insert > Load Statement > Load from file
  • In the Edit script > Table files > try loading a qvd/or any other file formats instead of excel

Can you attach some screen shots of the issue

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think it would work this way, QlikView is not associated to excel file extensions by default.

AFAIR, it might work if you open QV desktop application, then drag and drop the excel fexprile from the explorer to the QV window. This should open the table import wizard as well (as far as I remember, could be wrong here).

Or just select the file from the table file wizard as shown above.