Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishita
Creator III
Creator III

Max value

I want to find max value in a chart expression.The field I used max[Fuel Surveyed] on expression.BUt it shows garbage after expression "Fuel Surveyed" and not showing the max values in report.Any solution

29 Replies
trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i did changes to my qvw only.but how can u access it if you dont have the required qvd s

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

shruthibk‌  HOW CAN I SEND THE QVW::HERE THERE IS NO SUCH OPTION::

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Use advanced editor option and the attach

shruthibk
Creator
Creator

Use the advanced editor, right side you will find attach icon and share the expected output as well

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please find the attachment

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try this

mxavalues.PNG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What's wrong with that? The Max() expression is working fine. Which result do you expect instead?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you are trying to get. If you need to get the max value irrespective of the dimensions, try

= Max( Total [Fuel per last Noon])

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The problem is I just want to see the records corresponding to the maximum value of the fuel per last noon..but it shows all

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then you need to use TOTAL as Tresesco mentions below, or even Aggr() to get one value based on whatever the field for "value of the fuel per last noon" it is instead of the Max() per line, as you are currently getting.

Max(TOTAL <[Last Noon]> [Fuel surveyed])

or

Aggr(Max([Fuel surveyed]), [Last Noon])

or even

FirstSortedValue(Max([Fuel surveyed]), -[Last Noon]) // the "-" before the date field means descending order / most recent first