Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mongo DB

I have port, address for mongo db .

I want to connect to Mongo DB database from Qlikview. I have created DSN, but when i select ODBC from Qlikview and select DSN name, I do not hav any username and password.

How should i connect in that case?

7 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Did you install the MongoDB ODBC Driver.

If not, use this to download

MongoDB ODBC Driver

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have installed driver from this site only, I am able to create DSN also , test succeeded.(screenshot attached)

But from Qlikview when i try to create ODBC , selecting created DSN and keeping username and password empty. I am getting attached error. Do I have to use license version than it will work?

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Roisha ,

I am facing below error message while establishing connection :

SImba MongoDB_Driver_issue.jpg

I downloaded the trial version of ODBC DriveSimba License (Windows) from www.simba.com .

Can anyone please suggest how to resolve this error ?

Thanks,

Gargi

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example of connecting MongoDB with QlikView using the MongoDB ODBC Driver from CData: https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/mongodb-odbc-qlikview-chart.rst

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Thanks Eric for your time and help, but I am facing issues while creating ODBC connection, getting the below error message :

[Simba][MongoDBODBC] (110) Error from MongoDB Client: No suitable servers found (`serverselectiontryonce` set): [connection timeout calling ismaster on 'server name:37017'] (Error Code: 13053)

Thanks,

Gargi

Not applicable
Author

It appears that you are using a different ODBC Driver.  The article that I sent you uses the MongoDB driver from http://www.cdata.com/drivers/mongodb/odbc/.