Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator

Permission to View Dashboards On Access Point

Hi,

How do i allow a user to view a password protected dashboard on qlik Access point without giving them the password?

Thank you

7 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

You can use NTName instead of password in your section access.

password will be required to access a doc

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

That is what its set to however the previous developer set a password on a particular dashboard that i need to allow a client access to without giving them the password.

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What kind of password?

If the password is set in Section Access, then you can either

• remove the password altogether. If you allow access to a password-protected document without forcing the end-user to know/use that secret password, then you just tore down all security.
  • create an unprotected copy of the document with access rights just for those users that don't like passwords. Without DMS, you will have to fiddle with NTFS rights on this new documents to make access restrictions operational.
  • add a second user to Section Access that has no password (and optionally limited access or a reduced data set). This only works if you never use a wildcard in the USERID field. Section Access is opportunistic and takes the first matching line. Security using NTNAME behaves differently.

I don't understand the reasoning behind giving a user unrestricted access to a password-protected document without the use of that password and without telling what the password is. With respect to this document, both boil down to the same situation.

Or is this password in use somwhere else too?

ramasaisaksoft

read on the below topics for QV server side to restrict the user

• AD Authentication
  • NTFS security

For Development side we can restrict the user by follw the topic

• Section Access

https://community.qlik.com/thread/179577

Jagan Mohan rao explained clearly about the security.Please check once.

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your response. This document was created by another developer that is no longer available and it seems like he assigned a password to the document set in section access. It has a hidden script which i dont have the password to as well. Any way to go around this?

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's unfortunate.

A lost password for a hidden script with self-contained Section Access data means that you are locked out of the Section Access part of your document. That is, if Section Access data isn't read from an external source but for example from an INLINE block.

A hidden script password cannot be recovered. Any chance of getting in touch with the previous developer?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Jesse,

Normally while we are implementing the section access we will give like

UserID,  Password

ADMIN,  ADMIN

JOHN, JOHN

MARY,  MARY

PETER,  PETER

SIMON,  SIMON

So my suggestion is try to open the qvw file with Admin credentials (user name as ADMIN and give password also ADMIN)

once you entered into the script you will get a chance to edit  the script.

if this solution is not worked for you then you need to contact your earlier colleauge who deloped this application there is no other way as i know.