Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prompt

Hi,

Is there any option in Qlikview to prompt to user to provide the inputs at runtime .

Regards,XXX

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

During script execution you can trigger an input popup.

Input( str cue [, str caption] )

This function can be used in the script only and opens an input box that prompts the user for a value during the script execution. The parameters cue and caption are used as message and caption texts, respectively. The function returns the entered value.

The input box function returns NULL if the dialog is cancelled, closed or cannot be shown.

Example:

Load
Input('Enter value', 'Input box') as v,
Recno () as r
autogenerate 3;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Johannes Sundén

I am looking forward at the object level.

For example :

Consider you are calculating a Sales amount per region /Date(Grpahical format/table Data).

And the in the calculation you want exclude some of the dates or regions. The dates and regions you will be not be able to do the

Precalculation . It will be decided by user. So the expression should use the value provided by the user through Prompt.

Simply to explain this i am looking forward to know abt the functionality or crystal Reports which has the mentioned functionality.

Regards,XXX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It sounds like you want to use Variables and an Input Box in the layout instead. Take a look at these things and you should be able to find some examples in the F1-Help or Reference manual

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Johannes Sundén i tried the help and the reference manual. But i didnt get enough information.....................So still searching Continues