Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Whats happened my calendar?

I don't get it?

What has happened?

I have a regular Fiscal Calendar table and other tabs of data (which I eliminated from this) and this QVE tab is a regular calendar month that I am trying to convert to a fiscal month calendar.

But now all my calendars are not working. I've uploaded the QVW so you can see what I mean.

All my dates are at the top to the right of where it says Fiscal Calendar.

Any help please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I'm not sure what to think about your issue - what would be the expected result for any example date and  can you clarify what issue you are experiencing just now? Just to quickly double check with you - is that the final data model you are planning to use? Only asking as I noticed you have a synthetic key, that in general should (and could quiet easily in this case) be avoided:

sc1.PNG

I think you can try to search Qlik Community for a valid and working example of Master Calendar that includes both calendar and fiscal periods/weeks etc where you can build fiscal periods/months/weeks using for example mod() function... I would rather use Date field itself as the %key between the tables in this model.

Edit - have a look at this article, this should help you solve your problem: Fiscal and Standard Calendar generation

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

I'm not able to open this qvw, anyone else having same issue? I'm getting Access denied message.

Did you apply any security to this document? Section access by any chance?

Edit - did you apply Reload Trigger on document opening maybe? If so - can you please disable that and upload your QVW once again?

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You are right. I had section access. I removed it now.

Hopefully should work

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I'm not sure what to think about your issue - what would be the expected result for any example date and  can you clarify what issue you are experiencing just now? Just to quickly double check with you - is that the final data model you are planning to use? Only asking as I noticed you have a synthetic key, that in general should (and could quiet easily in this case) be avoided:

sc1.PNG

I think you can try to search Qlik Community for a valid and working example of Master Calendar that includes both calendar and fiscal periods/weeks etc where you can build fiscal periods/months/weeks using for example mod() function... I would rather use Date field itself as the %key between the tables in this model.

Edit - have a look at this article, this should help you solve your problem: Fiscal and Standard Calendar generation

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What I have are two applications, this one uploaded here is  with a fiscal calendar which is what you see and then another application which uses a master calendar.

Now what I am trying to do is slowly merge the two, piece by piece. I've added the Calls tab to the application.

The whole application works using the fiscal calendar but doesn't link to the Calls table. If I remove the other tables, then the Calls tab will not work with the Fiscal Calendar.

The QVW shows you that the design does work !