Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

percentage, total and evolution

Hello there,

working on a draw i have that kind of graph

LOAD Nom,
Prénom,
[Adresse e-mail],
Status,
Langue,
[Champ libre 1],
[Champ libre 2],
Country,
subfield(Country,'-',1) as CorrectedCountry,
Date(Floor([Date de création])) as Date,
year([Date de création]) as year,
month([Date de création]) as month,
day([Date de création]) as day,
hour([Date de création]) as hour,
Time(Frac([Date de création])) as Time

this is my expression, quite simple

=count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])

the dimension is DAY

questions are the following...

TOTAL : i need to add another graph showing the evolution ...in my case 4824, first day, 14967 second day..... what would be the best expression to calculate and to show this.

PERCENTAGE : i need to add somewhere the evolution in percentage between day -1 and day+1 what do you recommend to use ?

EVOLUTION : last point, i need to do an estimation of the progression...meaning that i need to estimate the total number of participants knowing the fact that the draw will run 10 to 12 days...

Thanks for your help...quite simple question i know  

UPDATE : Something strange happening look at the png file ...

15 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Haven't tested but you can try it..

TOTAL

RangeSum(Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]),0,RowNo()))

Percentage

=(Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) - count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))/Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))

sunny_talwar

May be this:

1) TOTAL

RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]), 0, RowNo()))

2) PERCENTAGE

Not sure what you are looking for here, can you elaborate

3) EVOLUTION

Not sure what you are looking for here, can you elaborate

Not applicable
Author

Hello.

2 Percentage

to be able to track evolution dayby day. like between day 1 and day 2 we had + 20% between day 2 and day 3 we had +23% etc....

3. Evolution.

we have so far around 30'000 participants, if the figures are still growing at the same pace (%) , what would be the total number of participants in 10 days...

is that clearer ? 

Not applicable
Author

what is the best solution for the evolution part ???

sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure, but may be this:

=Pow((Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) - count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))/Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])), 10) * RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]), 0, RowNo()))

or

=Pow((Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) - count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))/Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])), 10) * Count(TOTAL DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])

=(Pow(1+(Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) - count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))/Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])), 10) - 1) * RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]), 0, RowNo()))

or

=(Pow(1+(Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])) - count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail]))/Above(count(DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])), 10) - 1) * Count(TOTAL DISTINCT [Adresse e-mail])

Not applicable
Author

no result on both expression...:(

sunny_talwar

I updated the expression, but it won't make a difference if you are getting null values. Would you be able to play around with the expressions to make sure I have placed all the parenthesis at the right spot in my new expression

Not applicable
Author

not sure that i have the level but i will try