Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

This package (referred to as QVScalabilityTools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analyzing of load/performance tests and regression tests.

QlikView documents to help analyze result and log files(This was previously included in this package):Scalability Results Analyzer

Older versions of the tool can be found here: Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Tools for Qlik Sense can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped package first (properties -> unblock).

Note: Regarding Apache Log4j, reference CVE-2021-44228 (also referred to as Log4Shell), these set of tools are not directly vulnerable to the exploit, however JMeter, the tool required as a separate download, is. How to mitigate the vulnerability for JMeter has been documented here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Scalability-tools-and-log4j/ta-p/1872009 

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating a JMeter script
  • Support files for launching the script by utilizing the JMeter engine (JMeter installed is a pre-requisite)
  • Documentation on how to use the package

Version 1.2.7->1.2.8

• Changes Section Access requests

Changelog 1.2.6->1.2.7

• NTLM support removed due current solution broken and lack of a new secure solution.
  • Small updates for static content, for future product releases.

2019-08-26

Documentation updates due to:
- New recommended JMeter version (4.0)
- Changes to the licensing for the Oracle Java implementation (seehttps://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html)
- Open-source Java Development Kits (JDKs) have been verified for use with JMeter and the QlikView Scalability Tools

Changelog 1.2.5->1.2.6

• Added support for QlikView 12.50 and 12.20SR10

Changelog 1.2.4->1.2.5

• Added support for QlikView 12.30

Changelog 1.2.3->1.2.4

• Added support for JMeter 4.0 and Java 9.
  • Bugfixes for regression testing
  • Added actions: Select Excluded, Select All, Select Possible
  • Added support for 12.20 SR3

Changelog 1.2.2->1.2.3

• Bugfix for export to excel action
  • Added transfer state (bookmark) support for document chaining
  • GUI: Template selection more accurately show supported Qv versions

Changelog 1.2.1->1.2.2

• Bugfixes, make sure minimum amount of selections are respected in certain corner cases

Changelog 1.2->1.2.1

• Improved performance for high throughput scenarios

Changelog 1.1 -> 1.2

• Improved assertions logic to show faulty actions as errors
  • Change JMeter template scripts to use groovy instead of beanshell
  • New prerequisites:
    • JMeter version 3.0
    • Java 64-bit JRE 8

Your use of QVScalabilityTools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and QlikTech for QlikView Server. QlikTech does not provide maintenance and support services for QVScalabilityTools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

PLEASE NOTE:

The supported versions of Java are 8 and 9. Supported version of JMeter are 3.0 and 4.0, but not 3.2

146 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately it is hard to tell from that screenshot and log, I suggest you look at the responses of other failing requests in the script (in particular authenticate.aspx). There can be many reasons for failure, but if it is only one failing request, and everything else seems to work then I would not worry. As long as it is not critical for the rest of the script the results from such a test can still be used.

A good way of checking if everything else seems to work is to first of all check so that requests are green and then check so that you can see images and proper data responses ( containing objectid, data etc) from responses.

The scalability tools have no built in support for SSO, so that can be the issue. It could also be something with the headers. So I also advice you to try and access the app using headers (using modify headers or similar plugin for your browser). If that works with a browser without needing to apply credentials in any way then I expect jmeter to work as well.

/Sebastian

andrewmcgough
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

On page 2 in the User Guide for Analyser, it makes reference to a number of files that need to be moved to the Folder structure.

Other than the JMeter-Log Files which I can see, where do I find these files:

• Performance Counters,
  • Sessions logs,
  • Event logs etc?

Thanks

Andrew

B.PNG

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Andrew,

If you have set up the performancecounters (according to the supplied documentation) they will be stored in c:\perflogs on the server machine.

Session & Event logs are generated from qlikview and will be at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

/sebastian

andrewmcgough
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Sebastian. We are using Windows 2003, so couldn’t get the performance counters to work. Subsequently installed Performance Adviser 2003.

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

I have a problem running QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui.exe on one of the servers.

When I start the app the box appiers with the following information:

Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 11.18.02.png

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: qlikviewtestscriptgeneratorgui

Problem Signature 02: 0.8.5266.18413

Problem Signature 03: 538c404a

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18408

Problem Signature 06: 52310544

Problem Signature 07: 26be

Problem Signature 08: a4

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.144.8

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 9816

Additional Information 2: 9816eb613a03e199ce2e07ad653fd9a9

Additional Information 3: d004

Additional Information 4: d00489c3d1dccba658b327a1b0c7d719

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I was able to run the tool on my laptop.

Thanks for help

Regards Darius

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Darius,

We have seen that error before. If you use windows built in unzip functionality you need to unblock the zip file first ((properties -> unblock). Alternatively unzip the package with with another tool (for example 7zip).

That should do it, if not you could try and update to latest .net version.

Cheers

/sebastian

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sebastian

This did the trick. Thank you very much.

Cheers

Darius

xtrimf
Creator
Creator

Hi,

1- The QVS process sometimes restarts when I run the load test.

2 - The load running is silent(verbose) - how can I view what it actually does?

tnx

andrewmcgough
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Guys,

Other than the JMeter logs and ServerInfo.xml, am I correct in saying that the following Log files should be copied accross for analysis:

1) Qlikview Server: Session + Event logs + Performance Counters

2) Web Server: Only the Performance Counters?

Thanks

Andrew

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Andrew,

Those are the correct logs when using the analyzer app provided in the tool

/Daniel