Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

This package (referred to as QVScalabilityTools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analyzing of load/performance tests and regression tests.

QlikView documents to help analyze result and log files(This was previously included in this package):Scalability Results Analyzer

Older versions of the tool can be found here: Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Tools for Qlik Sense can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped package first (properties -> unblock).

Note: Regarding Apache Log4j, reference CVE-2021-44228 (also referred to as Log4Shell), these set of tools are not directly vulnerable to the exploit, however JMeter, the tool required as a separate download, is. How to mitigate the vulnerability for JMeter has been documented here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Scalability-tools-and-log4j/ta-p/1872009 

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating a JMeter script
  • Support files for launching the script by utilizing the JMeter engine (JMeter installed is a pre-requisite)
  • Documentation on how to use the package

Version 1.2.7->1.2.8

• Changes Section Access requests

Changelog 1.2.6->1.2.7

• NTLM support removed due current solution broken and lack of a new secure solution.
  • Small updates for static content, for future product releases.

2019-08-26

Documentation updates due to:
- New recommended JMeter version (4.0)
- Changes to the licensing for the Oracle Java implementation (seehttps://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html)
- Open-source Java Development Kits (JDKs) have been verified for use with JMeter and the QlikView Scalability Tools

Changelog 1.2.5->1.2.6

• Added support for QlikView 12.50 and 12.20SR10

Changelog 1.2.4->1.2.5

• Added support for QlikView 12.30

Changelog 1.2.3->1.2.4

• Added support for JMeter 4.0 and Java 9.
  • Bugfixes for regression testing
  • Added actions: Select Excluded, Select All, Select Possible
  • Added support for 12.20 SR3

Changelog 1.2.2->1.2.3

• Bugfix for export to excel action
  • Added transfer state (bookmark) support for document chaining
  • GUI: Template selection more accurately show supported Qv versions

Changelog 1.2.1->1.2.2

• Bugfixes, make sure minimum amount of selections are respected in certain corner cases

Changelog 1.2->1.2.1

• Improved performance for high throughput scenarios

Changelog 1.1 -> 1.2

• Improved assertions logic to show faulty actions as errors
  • Change JMeter template scripts to use groovy instead of beanshell
  • New prerequisites:
    • JMeter version 3.0
    • Java 64-bit JRE 8

Your use of QVScalabilityTools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and QlikTech for QlikView Server. QlikTech does not provide maintenance and support services for QVScalabilityTools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

PLEASE NOTE:

The supported versions of Java are 8 and 9. Supported version of JMeter are 3.0 and 4.0, but not 3.2

146 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using QV Scalability & Jmeter to test with Authentication: NTLM  and Authorization: NTFS.

*Section Access

Under this I have 2 scenarios;

1. Testing from QlikView server (localhost) - Login Pass

2. Testing from Client machine (domain/username) - Login Fails

Scenario 1:

Access point login behaviour - With Access point login through browser, it doesn't ask for windows security prompt (username / password)

No issue with /QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx http Request

Test pass

Scenario 2:

Access point login behaviour - With Access point login through browser, it ask for windows security prompt (username / password)

Issue with /QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx http Request

Test fails and error

Error screen as below:

Error.JPG

How to resolve this problem??

Regards,

Raman

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Are the client and server in different domains? In that case use the fully qualified domain name when connecting to the document from the client. Test it manually first, you should not get a login prompt - once that works update the url in the script and you should be good to go.

cheers

/sebastian

markginqo
Partner - Contributor III

Great tool, guys, thanks for the hard work...

I'm having an issue as I try to ramp up the concurrent users, I am intermittently getting connection failure errors (the more concurrent users, the more likely the error):

Qlik.Engine.Communication.CommunicationErrorException: Connection failed after 1 attempts. Unable to keep connection open: Failed to ensure open connection: One or more errors occurred.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.<>c__DisplayClass1c`1.<SendAsync>b__1b(Task`1 task)

at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at SDKExerciserService.Driver.Workers.ScenarioWorker.<Execute>d__1e.MoveNext()

---> (Inner Exception #0) Qlik.Engine.Communication.CommunicationErrorException: Connection failed after 1 attempts. Unable to keep connection open: Failed to ensure open connection: One or more errors occurred.

at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.<>c__DisplayClass1c`1.<SendAsync>b__1b(Task`1 task)

at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Could this be related to the number of tokens I have available?  (I'm using NTLM authentication with a user.name="*" access rule and have 40 tokens available.  I only ever see one User Access in use on License Usage Summary.)

Thanks,

Mark

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

A user name access will only allow for 5 sessions, consuming one token. If you use NTLM, as described in documenation, you will not simulate multiple users in the proxy, you will create multiple sessions for the NTLM user running the tool. You will need to switch to login access type for allowing multiple tokens to be used by one user, I however recommend using header auth instead during the testing.

Also, you are running the Sense Scalability Tool, this is the page for the QlikView scalability tool.

markginqo

Thanks Daniel, appreciate the clarification, I misunderstood how Session CAL applies to Sense.  Fortunately for us we had a QAP license available and have circumvented the token limitation that way.

Thanks again,

Mark

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is there a 32-bit version of this tool?

Regards

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi, we used to provide a 32-bit version on request, however we stopped doing this due to the limitations it puts on the JAVA heap size and memory management.

Not applicable

Hi,

I prepared the test scenarios in the tool and executed it. I get an error saying "failed to get QVS list from server".

Can you please help ?

The only log file i get is the jmeter log.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Deepika TR wrote:

Hi,

I prepared the test scenarios in the tool and executed it. I get an error saying "failed to get QVS list from server".

Can you please help ?

The only log file i get is the jmeter log.

There are a few common reasons for this.

1. Not being administrator on the server

2. Not getting through firewall

3. Not having permisson to read webserver config file

4. Not being able to read registry remotely

Exact problem in your case is hard to know, the logcollector is only a helper to help you collect the files, you can still get the files either semi-automatically but doing each step in the logcollector by hand, i.e.

1. Enter qvs instances, press scan on that level

2. Make sure you have all paths needed, else add them, press scan on that level

3. Make sure you have a logs wanted, else manually add them

Or the old way.

1. Unzip folder template from analyzer package (or use Tools->Log collection->create folder structure function in GUI)

2. Gather all files manually and put them in the corresponding folder.

poojask123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Daniel,

I got the script executed and got all the log files for the Result analyzer. But i notice that the txt file under the Exerciser folder and the one in the JmeterLogs folder is the same file.

Because of this the QVD generator qvw is failiing coz of the file format mismatch for Exercisers.

Can you please tell me what are the list of mandatory log files for the Result Analyzer.

Please advice.

Thanks