Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Add 'Collapsed' as an Appearance Option for Filter Panes

daviewales
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add 'Collapsed' as an Appearance Option for Filter Panes

It is very convenient to add multiple dimensions to a filter pane, rather than creating separate filter panes for each filter.

However, if you want your filters to always appear in 'collapsed' view, then must create a separate filter pane for each dimension, and manually size it to be only one 'square' tall, because Qlik automatically expands the filters to fill the available space. Additionally, if you manually size a multi-dimension filter pane to force it closed, if you move to a different window size or screen resolution, Qlik will helpfully open it back up again.

I propose a simple checkbox in the Appearance settings for filter panes to toggle between 'Expand filters to fill available space' and 'Keep filters collapsed at all times'. This will enable the convenience of using multi-dimensional filter panes, while also keeping the aesthetic of closed filter panes.

17 Comments
Helmut
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Would love to have such a kind of option.

If possible it would ne nice to set the collapsed / expanded state for each filter field as well.

For example: Field Year should be always expanded, all other please keep collapsed.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

+1

This would be hugely useful. We especially have problems with this when using a filter object in a mashup where there isn't a grid behind it. It's almost impossible to get the filters to load with all of them collapsed, which is typically the most readable. 

weqan-eme
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

+1

SokkornCC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

+1xxx (myself and our users)

A lot of users asking to collapse/expand all filter pane with a scrollbar, @Patric_Nordstrom 

adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

How do you manually size a multi-dimension filter pane to force it closed?

daviewales
Contributor III
Contributor III

@adias102You can force it closed by making it smaller. However this is dependent on screen resolution. If you open the app on a bigger or smaller screen, it the filters will expand or disappear. The purpose of this request is to add an option which would keep them closed on all screen sizes.

adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III

I support the request 👍

I was looking for a way to do it. As I saw in Qlik forums there are things in Qlik view that are not supported in Qlik Sense

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

And again, it is sad to see that Qlik are missing every opportunity to understand it's customer's needs.

I've attached an example of the filter in different resolution (in Hebrew but you will get the Idea)
The end user sees this, and the immediate response is confusion followed by asking why we couldn't have a system that can achieve such a simple thing. It looks like something that was designed offhand.

this are not empty words. these are responses I get from my end users and colleagues.

You can't even feel angry about it, just puzzled.

Example 2.pngExample 1.png

Ian96
Contributor II
Contributor II

Really disappointing to see this great idea getting dismissed.