Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Add possibility to show / hide dimension in pivot

heij1421
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Add possibility to show / hide dimension in pivot

Attachments

In a pivot table I want my end users to have a lot of dimensions to group on and to use the power of Qlik to switch the order of the dimensions. 

But when you have 7 dimensions like the example in the attachment, you have to expand 7 levels deep. Some users want all 7 but other users only want to have 3.

Please add a simple possibility to 'hide' a dimension, maybe by right clicking on a dimension and select 'hide' (which will grey out this dimension). Then the end user can select for example only 3 dimensions in a certain order and hide the other 4. When expanding all you only see the 3 relevant dimensions. 

I now use separate buttons next to this pivot to conditionally show a dimension or not, but it should be more easy to use.

4 Comments
IsakBosman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Such a feature will also have a lot of value for our company.

1. Search buttons:
    1. If the option could be added to switch off these dimension/measure/search buttons (because the context of the data in the pivot will have meaning and will make total sense to the applicable users), it could potentially save a lot of vertical wasted real estate which will especially be useful for less scrolling when viewed on a mobile phone.
    2. Such an option will make this solution more ergonomic too.

IsakBosman_0-1595405240211.jpeg

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi, I believe this has already been requested a bit earlier by this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Optional-fields-in-pivot/idi-p/1699738

So I will merge them. Please continue to show your support by adding likes and comments there. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Open - New
Meghann_MacDonald

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate