Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Change column width of the pivot table in Qlik Sense

Satomi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Change column width of the pivot table in Qlik Sense

I want to see a lot of axis values at once but it's automatically adjusted so you have to scroll to see it.
I'd like to adjust the width of the column as desired.

45 Comments
andreas_ar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any news on that? I've read posts from 2017 asking for this feature. It's a basic functionality that should have been implemented from the beginning tbh.

aloysius
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

This level of control is absolutely required to make proper use of the screen real estate.  At least if it automatically sizes all columns to fit properly or most of the columns is okay, but by default a lot of wasted space and not a good automatic sizing of columns.

tomshanley1
Contributor
Contributor

Currently, I recommend other BI tools while basic features like this are missing from QlikSense

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III

This feature is highly requested by our customers

chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

this auto-size of pivot colums is a disastrous show.stopper.
some customer laughed at us and went with another tool

hanselalf
Contributor II
Contributor II

This function is very needed long ago. Why is it not on the short term list?  Whe does Qlik resist to this demand?

jean1
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Patric_Nordstrom Any update on when this will be fixed in Qlik? IMO this isn't a product enhancement 'idea' it's basic OOTB functionality that every tool should have (and others do)...

jackm75
Creator
Creator

Hard to believe this is still an unresolved issue. Basic functionality available in QlikView for years! 

The 'P&L pivot' chart gives some flexibility for column width but has other limitations. 

@Patric_Nordstrom, are we getting close to a resolution? 

jean1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Agreed - P&L pivot made progress, but only being able to have 2 dimensions isn't enough (especially if you have to waste one for grand total row...

henry_yeung
Contributor
Contributor

My company use qlikview before, now we're migrating to qliksense. There are some really fancy features in qliksense, but some of the basic ones are missing. This problem is kept bothering the developers and users in my company, I really hope the qliksense team can solve this problem.