Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Create a mechanism for resetting the cache for the data lineage

i_shamaev
Creator
Creator

Create a mechanism for resetting the cache for the data lineage

Hello everyone!
We have described a problem with the Qlik Sense Data lineage tool - Data-Lineage-in-Qlik-Sense-needs-to-improve-Current-feature. And I would like to propose to modify the tool so that there is a command that would reset the data lineage cache.

For example, 

reset data lineage;

or another.

Due to the fact that we receive data in a loop through the Rest connector, we get large empty files. Also, such metadata (hundreds or thousands of lines) is of no use.

If you run one Transform application with multiples data transformation steps, then the last saved QVD will contain all the steps for all files processed in this Transform. That is, every tab in the Qlik Sense script prepares 1 QVD file from many other sources (qvd, database, Excel, etc.). On each tab, it would be logical to reset the cache of data lineage.

@NodeGraph @carlnodegraph  @oskarnodegraph  FYI

Thanks

7 Comments
MaWi
Contributor II
Contributor II

up +1

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The second half that you described is a big annoyance for us - if you generate multiple QVDs from the same script, each QVD gets cumulative lineage and makes it much more difficult to read than necessary (and as mentioned can increase file size unnecessarily). 

elbomode
Contributor
Contributor

up +1

goos_it
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks to i_shamaev for opening this up as a feature request. It is a highly annoying thing to have a runtime status file containing a single row with 9 columns that grows in size to over 50MB . (and as far as I understand this "feature", the same >50 MB will be added to the actual result data files)

Code
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Yet, such a feature would be really appreciated.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived