Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Default Settings [Grid spacing]

LukaszJackiewicz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default Settings [Grid spacing]

Currently we have option to change grid spacing to wide/medium/narrow but default setting is wide and there is no option to change it, so every time I`m creating new dashboard I have to set spacing to Narrow. There should be an option to select default option for all new dashboards (Grid Spacing, change G to B (Giga to Bilion), etc). 

Please consider this idea 🙂

6 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Xzo
Contributor II
Contributor II

There seems a real need from users to further control the size of the grid to make applications work better, control spacing between things and set the view of the end user to a more structured usable interface.

There were several extentions developed by members on github, most now dont work or have flaws due to to QS upgrades. 

I have never understood why QS didnt allow the end user to set grid sizes (Num Rows x Num Columns) to their own needs. If users in the community can develope extentions to do this, why cant the QS Devs incorporate this in to the end product.

I for one would benefit greatly from beingable to customise the grid spacing - it would make the product a lot more user friendly as would @LukaszJackiewicz  idea.

Thoughts @Patric_Nordstrom ?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Xzo thanks for the feedback, please post the ask in separate idea.

Thanks,

Patric

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I agree 100% - and I am not even sure why you would select anything but Narrow.

These small ideas would add so much value to the developer community, so I am not sure why more of them cannot be picked up - it must surely be so easy to change the order in the sheet property panel ?

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived