Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Delete all Qlik Sense App variables in one shot

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Delete all Qlik Sense App variables in one shot

Hi,
I really appreciated the new UI for managing variables within a Qlik Sense App.
But it still not possible to delete all variables in one shot.
I hope to see this feature deployed in the coming version.
Take care.
Best Regards

Tags (2)
5 Comments
carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

I agree this is a huge thing missing.  There is a work-around that is out there but it makes much more sense for it to be backed into the product.

The problem with this is it destroys all of them and not the ones of your choosing.

https://withdave.com/2019/11/remove-destroy-all-variables-in-a-qlik-sense-application/

update in this ideation post...  coming in Feb 2022 release!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Deleting-multiple-variables/idi-p/1632162

aldo-tgh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Agree. Shall be possible to drop all variables at once including the option to select deleting all UI/SCRIPT/ALL variables.

Best,

Aldo. 

rubenmarin

I agree, there should be an option that at least removes all variable not created in script.

Ideally an statement in script that removes all variables not created by the script, with a true/false parameter to also remove all variables with values set as null().

At least a checkbox in each variables page that selects all variables (in that view or in general), right now you have to click each of the variable to use the multi-delete.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived