Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Dragging items without losing the size

dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dragging items without losing the size

I think a really important thing we need to be able to do is drag items without them resizing.

I've had a few issues now where I'm working with several KPIs and trying to move them around on a sheet is a nightmare. I have to resize them every single time I move them because they change size when moved.

Please add in some kind of option where for example if you hold CTRL while dragging an item, it stays the same size. If it's too big to fit the space, then it goes back to its original position.

33 Comments
martinp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm relatively new to Qlik Sense and this drives me up the wall. As mentioned elsewhere, either pressing the CNTRL key or having a handle that you can use to drag and drop without it changing size would be a huge win in terms of time saving.

owlman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hell yeah. This kind of missing Ux stuff (also with poor field/table whispering feature in loadeditor) are really crazy.

At least it could show coordinates and size of an active object on the bottom of properties. Like this:

2021-04-22 18_08_50-.png

Nothing makes me feel that stupid when I am counting boxes on screen to know where to place an object on same spot as on another sheet.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

In SaaS and in May 2021 Technical Preview it does show the location and dimensions of objects now at least... 

AlexOmetis_0-1619109750678.png

owlman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Great! I see it as a light at the end of the dark tunnel. 🙂

Thanks for that!

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Please, please deploy this ! 

JohnDataAnalyst
Contributor II
Contributor II

I agree fully, this should be moved to a higher priority please!

Digvijay_Singh

+1, this is a very basic feature and I cannot believe Qlik is still thinking about it. 

mikael-c
Contributor III
Contributor III

Posting for support!

Hevel
Contributor II
Contributor II

I can't believe I have to post a message to support this basic, essential, fundamental idea. Moving objects is a nightmare.

andreas_ar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Still nothing? Sorry but this is a basic feature that should have been implemented from the start. Designing reports without this just unnecessarily consumes time and patience.