Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Honor table inclusion / exclusion filters during CDC

joshbrown
Contributor II
Contributor II

Honor table inclusion / exclusion filters during CDC

Currently if new tables are created during CDC the existing inclusion/exclusion filters that were set when the task was created are not honored. This means that we will begin tracking changes on a newly created table during CDC that we do not want to track. This leads to major issues for our company in particular because we are explicitly filtering out tables with columns that are not supported in other tasks (Kafka).

Example.

- Task created and full load completed with exclusion filter: 'AUDIT[_]%'

- During full load no tables that begin with 'AUDIT' are loaded

- A new table is created for a new application feature with name 'AUDIT_MYNEWFEATURE'

- Qlik task begins CDC for that new table even though exclusion filter is setup

- Other task begin failing because our Audit tables have data types not supported by them

Tags (2)
4 Comments
john_wang
Support
Support

Hi,

To make things clear:this is the current limitation, see User Guide notes 

john_wang_0-1666881293637.png

let's wait for PM team update.

Regards,

John.

joshbrown
Contributor II
Contributor II

I appreciate the response. I believe those docs were updated based on our bug reporting during our onboarding process since it looks like the exact example we used 🙂 I am glad to see it made it in to the docs though. But yes once it was deemed a "feature  or limitation" and not a bug we were advised to submit an idea here. I do hope it gets some traction because it is going to cause a lot of headaches for us in particular we have a lot of churn in our schema.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived