Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Options for Handling Connectivity to Microsoft Business Central / Dynamics (post April 2022)

swi
Employee
Employee

Options for Handling Connectivity to Microsoft Business Central / Dynamics (post April 2022)

I recently became aware of the fact that connectivity to Microsoft Business Central will deprecate Basic Authentication in April 2022 (details -> https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Add-OAuth-Support-for-the-Rest-Web-Service-Connector-i... ).

As per our current help documentation, our implementation of the REST connector does not support OAuth2 flows as an Authentication mechanism. This means that there is no viable connectivity mechanism for Business Central (or Microsoft Dynamics) from April 2022. Additionally, this requirement has also been called out by leading UK partners see                https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Microsoft-Dynamics-365-Business-Central-Connector-for-...

• We probably need a native connector to Microsoft Business Central and Dynamics
  • If there are no plans for a native connetcor then we should plan support OAuth for the Qlik REST Connector
Tags (1)
10 Comments
to759_PM
Contributor II
Contributor II

@swi Thanks for recognizing this! Is there already a schedule?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hey @swi thanks for posting this, as per your note, there are various posts on ideation re Business Central data access. Hopefully this will be investigated sooner rather than later. 

Alastair_Ometis
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

H i guys,  the link here indicates the confirmed date for retiremnet of WS-trust method of authentication for dataverse is April 2022.

There is a further link here with a guide to how to confirm is your code is affected including remediation steps.

Are we able to confirm if this is the issue we have been talking about? And is there a remediation plan in place as we will lose a lot of funcitonality very soon if there is not.

thorhe
Contributor II
Contributor II

@swi Are there any news regarding the connectivity to Business Central ... April 2022 is comming!

Or is there anyone else able to give a solution @Darren_Ball ?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, any updates on this?

to759_PM
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Carl_Hunter 

Obviously not, except the comment of @P-O_Davidson  at Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Connector ... - Page 3 - Qlik Community - 1775186

Maybe Qlik does not care about Business Central users and likes to lost them to Power BI .. 

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, any update to this? v20 is now in production and causing problems with Qlik integration. 

swi
Employee
Employee

I think this knowledge base article might help those who were facing a challenge in this area. It seems this has helped both Alex and Carl who posted on this thread. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Using-REST-Connector-with-OAuth-against-Microsoft-Dynamics-3...

PS - I work in Pre-Sales at Qlik and not in the Product / Product Management area so I don't have the detailed knowledge about this topic but I thought I would share the article as it might help.......

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived