Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Qlik SaaS - Reporting on multiple live objects

veronica1
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik SaaS - Reporting on multiple live objects

Hi,

several users asked us for the possibility to generate stories using single live objects (like the existing screenshots, but live), since they can't ask users to create new sheets with single objects inside everytime they need a specific focus.

10 Comments
JustQlik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

unfortunately, storytelling does not support "live" objects, but since you asked for "Reporting", I assume you need the stories in order to create "static reports" (PDF, PPTX, ...) based on the "live" current state and selections of the user context, that can be triggered anytime by the user. 

There is a native Qlik Extension called "ancoreShare" that enables you to compose & generate detailed reports on-the-fly based on the current selections without any external dependencies.

In your case, you would just add a new ancoreShare report button on your dashboard, add all the objects you want in your report, and anytime a user clicks this button an export of the report with current data and selections will be created.

I might be a little biased 😉  but I am confident that will solve your requirements.

ancoreShare Extension Download 

ancoreShare Extension Documentation 

Video: "On-the-fly reporting in Qlik Sense with ancoreShare Extension" (Preview)

Video: "On-the-fly reporting in Qlik Sense with ancoreShare Extension" (Tutorial)

veronica1

Hi!

I've been testing the extension for a bit and, while it surely covers the "live" requirements, I'm a bit in doubt over the PowerPoint generation.

I expected pivot tables to be resized according to settings andpage layout, but it seems it only does that in PDF mode. In PowerPoint mode, pivot tables are always cropped, one way or another.

Am I missing something? (Please keep in mind I've not obtained a license yet, so all tables are exported as images)

JustQlik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Veronica1,

all right - then let me dissolve your doubts over PowerPoint generation 😉

when you change from PDF to PPTX please make sure to set the following properties:

1. Change the page format to PPTX 16:9 and set the orientation to Landscape
  2. Remove the automatic page numbers (They claim space in the footer)
  3. In the relevant Pivot table element Set "Process table as Image"
    • Set the size to "Percent of page size" and the width and height to 100%
  4. To get the best image quality switch from "edit" to "analyze" mode before you start the export

Find here a sample result pptx in 192dpi: Pivot Table as Image in PowerPoint slide 

pptx_step_1.pngpptx_step_2.pngpptx_step_3.png

There are many other settings, such as image quality to enhance dpi.

Get in touch with me at any time if you have any further questions.

veronica1

Hi, and thanks for your answer!

I've done as you said (even though I don't have the option to set the height, only the width) and it works fine.

However, I noticed that when we set the image to be less than 100 Width, the image isn't resized but cropped instead. 

Moreover, I've set up the trial license but tables are still rendered as images. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

JustQlik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Veronica,

If you don't see the height parameter it means you didn't set "Process table as Image".

The table gets cropped because it is to small to fit all the content. So you need to use the "Scale" parameter. Depending on the table values between 4 to 7 should work. See the documentation about size and scaling 

Let me walk you trough this:
Scale Pivot Table to fit in PPTX 

Tables are always rendered as images in PowerPoint. Because Pivot Tables are not well supported in PowerPoint. But in the near future there will also be multi-page pivot and straight tables in PowerPoint.

veronica1

Oh, I get it now. I believe there wasn't the possibility to set the scale in the version without license.

Now I tried with 50/50/7 and it works perfectly, thank you very much!

JustQlik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

My pleasure! Glad to hear it's working for you.

blueispartlygreen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi there!

Just a side note, both settings "height" and "scale" are only visible for images - meaning either choosing a visualization object (charts etc.) or enabling "Process table as image" for table elements.

So the properties panel dynamically shows just those options that make sense for the current settings.

There is no setting hidden without a license, all the properties are available 🙂
Only the output is limited (watermarks and tables only as image). 

Happy reporting!

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Archived
veronica1

Hi @Andrew_Kruger , why did you close the post? Is Qlik not going to take this Idea into consideration?