Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Qlik Sense - Hub - Show all Apps from all streams

Helmut
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense - Hub - Show all Apps from all streams

Attachments

One of our customers has a huge list of streams which most the times contains only 1 single App. So let's say a user who has access to 10 streams has to check all of them to find maybe one particular App if the user does not know where it is.

This can be a little bit frustrating in the user experience and it should be easy to fix that by adding a dummy stream "All Apps" to show them all.

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can restrict by app level by using Custom property with in stream it self instead of having many streams. Can't you by  security rules?

Helmut
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes that would be a possible solution. For that I would have to disable (at least) one of the standard security rules which comes out of the box from Qlik Sense to ensure that a read permission on stream is not propagated to all apps wihtin that stream. And that is not my favourite part to mess with default security rules.

As a short background, the customer comes from QlikView and there were always all application visible in the Access Point regardless of folder it comes from.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

FYI, The security rule still can be read from stream level since that is different. I was just trying to explain only about app level restriction. But still apps can visible, But can't access since the user may not part of the custom property group.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived