Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Sense Pivot table: "Expand/collapse ALL" on single level

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Qlik Sense Pivot table: "Expand/collapse ALL" on single level

When using a Pivot table with several levels, one can "right-click" on the level and use the option "expand/collapse All". This option does not allow to expand the single level.

Customers want to be able to expand a level "expand next level" and keep others collapsed. 

2020-08-21 14_36_40-Qlik Sense Pivot table_ _Expand_collapse ALL_ on single level - Console.png

This Idea was recorded as a copy of an old idea in the previous ideation system. It was again requested by a customer. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
53 Comments
PeterCappelle1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

+1 This is a must have feature!

ThomasKrummenacher
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

i'm also interested on this feature.
it would also be nice, if you can define a default level in which de expand should start. e.a. expand the level one and two as default and collapse the level three, four and five.

Dadiop
Contributor II
Contributor II

+1

This feature is definitely a must have.

For those interested, there is a little workaround (not as good through).

By using a straight table with the "Show column if" feature, you can do something like "I display column Y if I selected at least one value in column X".

So for example, if you have as first level dimension "Country", you can put for your sub dimensions "State", "City", "Address" the condition GetSelectedCount([Country]) >= 1.

This will, kind of, expand (display in that case) all columns.

Ian96
Contributor II
Contributor II

+1 This feature!

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,
It would be great having Expand/Collapse level  to analyze data in a pivot table.
I hope this feature will be included very soon.
Best Regards

Helmut
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

+1 here. Just had a customer yesterday moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense (via AMP Programm) and was disappointed that this feature is not in there.

This Idea is open for almost two years, please bring it back ASAP!!!!

graziellas82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Absolutely requested from customers moving from Qlik View to Qlik Sense

lolag
Contributor
Contributor

+1 feels like a big downgrade from QV

vloram
Contributor
Contributor

+1 . This is a very basic functionality for a pivot table. 😑

AndyC
Contributor III
Contributor III

I can't believe this feature was not implemented in Qlik Sense.

As a heavy Qlikview user we are being encouraged to migrate to Qlik Sense but the lack of matching functionality like this is a real barrier and makes Sense look like the poor relation.