Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Qlik Users!

Happy Friday!

When looking at Qlik GeoAnalytics, there are multiple components. It can be confusing to know where to start with the installation. Here is some guidance that will hopefully help clarify the installation process.

First, let’s start with the available components.

Downloads.com.png

Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense 

This installation package includes the connector and the map extensions for Qlik Sense. It is installed on the Qlik Sense server or any system with Qlik Sense Desktop. As such, there are two installers available, Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense Server and Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense Desktop.

The data connector will appear in your list of Data Connections and can reach out to our cloud or your internal GeoAnalytics server:

QSGAconnector.png

The mapping extensions will show under Custom Objects > Extensions:

Extensions.png

For more information on the installation process, please see the following resources:

Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView 

This installation package includes the connector and the map extensions for QlikView. It is installed on the QlikView server or any system with QlikView Desktop. Similar to above, there are two installers available, Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Server and Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Desktop.

If QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop reside on the same server, the connector and the map extensions will need to be installed for both products. This means both Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Server and Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Desktop must be downloaded and installed on the QlikView Server.

The connector will appear in your list of Database connections in QlikView Desktop and can reach out to our cloud or your internal GeoAnalytics server:

database.png

The mapping extensions require WebView mode to be enabled and the object will show under New Sheet Object > Extension Objects:

QVextensions.png

For more information on the installation process, please see the following resources:

Qlik GeoAnalytics Server

This installation package installs a local Qlik GeoAnalyics Server in your environment. If you’re unable to connect externally to our GeoAnalytics server, an on-premise version can be installed for you to connect to. This installation should be completed on a standalone server, not the Qlik Sense or QlikView server.

For more information on the installation process, please see the following resource:

Qlik GeoAnalytics Data Package 

This installation package is the geographic data for the Qlik GeoAnalytics Server. There are different data packages available depending on what you license.

For more information, please see the following resources:

Qlik GeoAnalytics Plus

This installation package is on an add-on to the Qlik GeoAnalytics connector and allows you to connect to local databases and data files, has no potential timeout, and no limits for local processing (limitations depend on available memory and load).

For more information on the installation process, please see the following resource:

Now that we have listed the available components. What should be installed?

That, of course, depends on your license. Here are a couple of scenarios:

Scenario 1:

You license Qlik GeoAnalytics Server and Qlik Sense Enterprise.

• Qlik GeoAnalytics Server should be installed on a standalone server
  • Licensed Data Package should be installed on Qlik GeoAnalytics server
  • Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense should be installed on the Qlik Sense Enterprise server

Scenario 2:

You license Qlik GeoAnalytics Server, QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop.

• Qlik GeoAnalytics Server should be installed on a standalone server
  • Licensed Data Package should be installed on Qlik GeoAnalytics server
  • Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Server should be installed on the QlikView server
  • Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView Desktop should be installed on the QlikView server and any systems with QlikView Desktop

Scenario 3:

You license Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Enterprise.

• Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense Server should be installed on the Qlik Sense Enterprise server.

Now that everything is installed, where do I start?

This is the fun part! I would recommend taking a look at this post in the Qlik Community GeoAnalytics forum. There are training classes available, videos as well as example QVF’s and QVW’s. If you cannot do the training, I would highly recommend looking at the examples. You can see how to use the different connector operations and try to replicate some pretty cool maps.

If you’re looking for information on using mapping or GeoOperations, please see my previous blog post on the subject: How do I use mapping in Qlik Sense SaaS?

I hope this helped clarified a few things regarding the installation. Please let me know any questions you may have below in the comments.

Have a great weekend,

Qlik Digital Support