Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello Qlik NPrinting World!!

Last time I talked about Qlik NPrinting with Qlik Sense -

Qlik NPrinting 101: Connecting Qlik Sense Apps

But now it's time for QlikView.

So, you have just purchased Qlik NPrinting and now you want to get started with Reports but what do you do with your QlikView Apps?

Well look no further! Here is some information on how to get started if you are new to the wonderful world of NPrinting.

Topics:

1. Requirements

2. Connection Rules

3. App Connection

Requirements:

First, there are some requirements which are found detailed on our Qlik Help Site

Platform - Windows 2008 R2 (only if Qlik Sense connections are not required) / 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2016 64-bit architecture only

Processor - Multi-Core x64 compatible processors

Memory - 8 GB minimum

Disk Space - 500 MB minimum

Dedicated Qlik NPrinting Server & Engine Service Account Configuration

Connection Rules:

You can create connections to your QlikView documents that are stored in the following locations:

• Local Computer
  • Shared Network Folder
  • QlikView Server that you have permission to access
  • QlikView Cluster

You can create connections from a Single Qlik NPrinting App to multiple QVWs.

App Connection:

So, you may be wondering, this is helpful, but now how do I connect my QVWs in Qlik NPrinting?

Well I worked with the Education Team to help create a "Qlik Fix" video. The video is found here:

It will take you through the basic steps of making an App Connection.

To summarize the video:

1. Login to the Qlik NPrinting WebConsole with the needed permissions to create an App
  2. Navigate to Apps to create the "shell" for your App
  3. Navigate to Apps - Connection to create your connection
  4. Ensure that you are picking the appropriate App from the list and your Source is "QlikView"
  5. Choose if you would to connect to a Local, Server, or Cluster Location Type. In the video we selected a Local Connection
  6. Enter the Document Path
  7. If Section Access applies check the "connection requires authentication" checkbox
  8. Run Verification

👍 Congratulations! You have connected Qlik NPrinting with QlikView! 👍

If there are any error messages with the Run Verification step, the common causes of the errors are described on our Help Site:

Verify connection errors when setting up a connection to QlikView in Qlik NPrinting

I hope you have found this Blog helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below.

1 Comment