Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

Analyzer capacity license is a consumption-based licensing model introduced in Qlik Sense February 2019 which allows a pool of user to consume apps by unit of time (unit is 6 minutes) without the need of having a license assigned to a user (named user).

When a user from the pool logs in the hub and opens an app he/she will consume 1 unit after 6 minutes and extra unit will be consumed thereafter in increments. For example: If the user stays in for 15 minutes, 3 units will be consumed (18 minutes) as a unit started is marked as a unit consumed.
No consumption is registered if the user is logged in but idle (not opening apps, sheets,...).

When all analyzer units have been consumed, no users from the pool can access Qlik Sense, until the monthly reset occurs. To avoid lockout, coverage can be added to the subscription. Coverage is a function that allows to buy minutes packages automatically when consumed, it can either be unlimited or with a defined ceiling. For more information see Page 2 under License Metrics Qlik Sense and Qlik Analytics Platform.

Here is an example of license with 1000 minutes of Analyzer Capacity: More information under Analyzer Capacity License 

CapacityLicense_QSEoW.png

Here is an example in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services (QSEoCS): Some documentation is available under "Analyzer capacity (minutes)" in License / User Allocation

CapacityLicense_QSEoCS.png

Important:
An access to the Internet is required to use this type of license.
You must have a Signed License Key (SLK) to replace the serial number (old license). More information under Licensing Qlik Sense for Analyzer Capacity

Differences between licensing types:

CapacityLicense_Comparison.png

Reference:

Analyzer capacity license and comparison with other licenses allocations and how to check usage 

49 Comments
parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Can this be escalated as a priority by Qlik please. Having user/usage monitoring is a must for any consumption service to ensure ability to adopt the correct licensing model. 

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @parkera this is an area which I'm responsible for in the Product Management team. As Daniel Pilla said, there are already plans for a lot more to come. And at the top of that list we do have user/usage monitoring. In other words, it has already a high priority which we are going to execute on as soon as possible. I'll make sure that I update you and others within this thread about the next steps as soon as we go there. This is truly an important area for us from an investment perspective. Let me know if you have nay other questions. Best regards, Thomas

sefauysal
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Thomas_Hopp , i wondered if the time a specific user can use this license could be defined/limited?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Qlik Team ( @Thomas_Hopp  @Andre_Sostizzo ) is there any update to the questions in this thread around Analyser Capacity usage within the SaaS platform?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi all, circling back on this on behalf of the team who is working on improving the current situation with priority. Exposing monitoring data for Analyzer Capacity and tenant consumption use cases in general,  is one of our high-priority items in our road map. We are planning to update you with a more specific timeline about when you can expect what, within the next 1-2 weeks as we are working out the details as we speak.

-Josh

Qlik

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thank you @Josh_Good. This is critical information that business like to monitor.

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hey @Josh_Good , is there any update to this? I have customers querying and its becoming a blocker. I'll raise this via the official channels too 🙂

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Carl_Hunter@Josh_Good and myself are in touch here as I'm running this as the responsible Product Manager. I wanted to give you and everyone else in the thread a quick status update as I'm not having a date for you today. But as Josh pointed out above, this is absolutely a high priority / critical item and the R&D Teams are already working on it. We are planning to come up with an update ASAP to let everyone know what the expected delivery timeline is. I want to be more concrete than giving you a best guess date here. But we talk about weeks here, not month (even if "days" would be even better) ... I'm coming back to you and the thread asap with more details to share. Thomas

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Carl_Hunter  I wanted to give you and the group an update on where we are. The development work already started but it requires a bit more time than initially planned. Timing wise we are currently expecting this to be delivered around May. I can be more concrete while we are coming closer to the release. I will keep you and the group up to date as soon as we have a status we can share with you and ideally providing a preview. Best regards, Thomas

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks for the update @Thomas_Hopp 👍