• 3,953 online
  • 2,002,226 posts
  • 150,143 Solutions

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

imagenes en Text Object

Tengo un problema con "Text Object" de QlikView, se ingresa la ruta de una imagen, la imagen esta en un servidor externo, simplemente la imagen no apa... Show More

Tengo un problema con "Text Object" de QlikView, se ingresa la ruta de una imagen, la imagen esta en un servidor externo, simplemente la imagen no aparece, la ruta se ingresa  de la siguiente manera: ='http://dominio/Carpeta/'&%imagen&'.jpg.

Para verificar  en acciones (open url) se ha dejalo la misma ruta y si se logra visualizar la imagen ya sea en una ventana nueva o en la misma pero no dentro del "Text Object".

Si alguien ha tenido este problema que me pudiera orientar.

gracias

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Check Dimension Totals Before Loading

Hi,  I'm working on a load script for a new app and want to validate that I don't have duplicate Item numbers before loading. If there are duplicates,... Show More

Hi, 

I'm working on a load script for a new app and want to validate that I don't have duplicate Item numbers before loading. If there are duplicates, I want to stop loading.  My code is not working, but I'm not sure why. If I look at the variables in a sheet, there is a value, but not when I try to print them using Trace, even when it's outside of the IF statement. . 

Values:

LOAD

ItemNumber

Date,

Price

FROM [*QVD File*]

WHERE

year(Date) >= year(AddYears(Today(),-1));

Right keep(Values)

LOAD

NAME as ItemNumber,

Target

Description

Color

Size

Status

FROM [*Excel File*]

Let vDistinctNumberCount = Count(distinct TAGNAME);
    Let vNumberCount = Count(TAGNAME);

If $(vNumberCount) <> $(vDistinctNumberCount) then

TRACE "*******Error Total ItemNumber count > Distinct ItemNumber count";

End If;

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Separating string content in a single column into multiple columns, dynamically

Hello everyone.How do I extract a string content from a column into multiple columns?I have this:   And I want to turn it into this: Mind you, the o... Show More

Hello everyone.

How do I extract a string content from a column into multiple columns?

I have this:

RMotta2408_0-1717768397438.png

And I want to turn it into this:

RMotta2408_1-1717768477428.png

Mind you, the original column "TEAMS" may have a different number of values. So the Job has to be dynamic to create as many columns as the values in the original "TEAMS" column.
    The "-" character is the values separator.

I just can't seem to get over this hurdle.
    Can anyone please help me?

Thank you so much,

Rui

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Aggregation issues with Keep statement

Hi,We ran into aggregation issues with "Keep" statement. When I change Keep to Join, the aggregation works as expected. Here is the script and what's ... Show More

Hi,
    We ran into aggregation issues with "Keep" statement. When I change Keep to Join, the aggregation works as expected. Here is the script and what's expected.

X:
    LOAD * Inline[
    TICKET_NBR, TRAN_DATE_KEY, TRAN_NBR, TRAN_KEY
    A1, 10, 1, 1000
    A1, 10, 2, 1000
    A1, 11, 3, 1001
    A2, 10, 1, 1000
    A2, 10, 2, 1001
    A3, 10, 1, 1000
    A3, 10, 2, 1001
    A3, 11, 3, 1000
    ];
    Left Keep (X)
    Y:
    LOAD * Inline[
    TRAN_KEY, AMT
    1000, 200
    1001, 500
    1002, 100
    ];

Straight table
    For TICKET_NBR A1, TRAN_KEY 1000
    Count(AMT) should be 2
    Sum(AMT) should be 400
    Count(TRAN_KEY) is 2 and it is correct
    Sum(TRAN_KEY) is 2000 and it is correct
    Same case with TKT_NBR A3 as well.
    Kindly look into this and advise a solution. I have attached the qvw for reference.
    Thanks,
    Mahesh

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Selecting few values and creating calculated dimension for pivot table

Hey everyone,I am working on a Pivot table which has to be built based on an already created table chart. The table looks something like this:Store Nu... Show More

Hey everyone,

I am working on a Pivot table which has to be built based on an already created table chart. 

The table looks something like this:

Store NumberStore nameAccount numberAccount typeAmount
    1ABC1234L73
    1ABC2536M932
    1ABC6666L46
    2PQR8726O15
    2PQR1234L126
    3XYZ2536M87
    3XYZ9287P36
    3XYZ6666L98

I do not want all the account types in the pivot. I am trying to get only account types 'L','M', and 'O' into the Pivot and calculate the % of total by diving the amount with the sum of all amount for that particular account number, and displaying only the topmost value for that account number, which would look something like this:

Store numberstore nameaccount numberaccount typeamount% of total
    2PQR1234L12663.31%
    3XYZ6666L9868.05%
    1ABC2356M93291.46%
    2PQR8726O15100%

This would have been a very simple  SQL query had I been working on that, but I am new to Qlik and this seems more complicated.

I read a couple of responses in other forums which suggest creating a variable but I am not sure how would that help me because I am kind of like grouping it by the account number. 

Any help or suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

how to add -1 yearMonth value of a column to actual yearMonth Column ?

Sum(if(recurring_month = 12 AND (status_id = 'future_payment' OR status_id = 'success'),amount))* vNewRaise * vRenewalRate + (sum({<FlagDate = {'due_d... Show More

Sum(
    if(recurring_month = 12 AND (status_id = 'future_payment' OR status_id = 'success'),
    amount
    )
    )
    * vNewRaise * vRenewalRate +
    (sum({<FlagDate = {'due_date'}>} amount) )
    - (sum({<status_id = {'cancelled'}>} amount) ) 

I have an expression like this lemme give the example of it that version of the code is adding fourth and the six columns value and find the value at the seventh column in the same row. My aim is to add fourth column one below value to the same one and I want to put the result at the same place at seventh column. To make it more clear, 416,223 + 2,951,106 = 3,367,229 but I want it to do 286,433 + 2,951,106 = 3,237,539 the miss calculation happens bc of in my opinion but help is appreciated!!

Sum(
    if(recurring_month = 12 AND (status_id = 'future_payment' OR status_id = 'success'),
    amount
    )
    )
    * vNewRaise * vRenewalRate  

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Custom Colors for a drilldown master item

Hi folks, I want to assign a specific color for each category of [Agent supergroup] in my drilldown master item, much like asked here. I figured that... Show More

Hi folks,

I want to assign a specific color for each category of [Agent supergroup] in my drilldown master item, much like asked here.

Gal_0-1717601463273.png

I figured that I could color my graph by expression, with an expression (or, as suggested, an expression stored as a second master item) starting like this

=If(GetSelectedCount([Agent supergroup])<>1,
    	Pick(Match([Agent supergroup], 'Hospitals', 'Private laboratories', 'Private practices', 'Other'), '#006580', '#C8C7A9', '#AC4D58', '#99CFCD'), ...)

Without further colors instead of the '...', all subcategories will be colored gray. I guess that I could add more Ifs for [Agent group] and [Agent], but since

• I do not know if the values in the underlying table will change and
    • I care only about color consistency across different graphs,

I just want to assign [Agent group] a color by its position in the list of possible values:

Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ',')​

So I constructed an expression around this to get a color number between 1 and 12 and then added Pick() as follows:

If(GetSelectedCount([Agent group])<>1,
      Pick(Mod(Len(KeepChar(Left(Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ','), Index(Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ','), [Agent group])-1), ',')), 12)+1,
        '#006580', '#C8C7A9', '#AC4D58', '#99CFCD', '#E1DAD5', '#83AF9B', '#E0BD8D', '#8A85C6', '#10CFC9', '#A16090', '#87205D', '#C4CFDA'), ... )

(These are the 12 default Qlik Sense colors.)
    My test-KPI shows the correct color number, but the categories of [Agent group] in the graph are still one and the same color.

Do you have a hint?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Expression to show only dates in next two weeks

I built an expression to find all dates in the next two weeks, but it also shows dates in the past. How can I update my expression to remove the dates... Show More

I built an expression to find all dates in the next two weeks, but it also shows dates in the past. How can I update my expression to remove the dates in the past 

this is my expresison (its on a button)

='<=' & Date(Today()+7, 'YYYY-MMM-DD')

Show Less
  • forum

Deployment & Management

Qlik Sense server May 2024 setup failure on "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" psql...

Hi, We have a blocking setup error of Qlik Sense server May 2024 on our single node recovery server (luckily we test on it before upgrading developmen... Show More

Hi,

We have a blocking setup error of Qlik Sense server May 2024 on our single node recovery server (luckily we test on it before upgrading development then production servers).

As we had multiple setup failures (with and without QPI tool), even trying to go back to our August 2022 version after full de-installation, the support adviced us to restore the machine, which is very costly so I am here for some help !

Here is is the error log part and attached the full setup logs :

CAQuietExec: DataPrepService configuration started.
    CAQuietExec: WARNING: Skiping the database initialization. No superuser or password specified.
    CAQuietExec: Creating schema 'dataprep_service'.
    CAQuietExec: Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema_name = 'dataprep_service'":
    CAQuietExec: psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 4432 failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
    CAQuietExec: At C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\install\install-utils\Postgres.ps1:109 char:9
    CAQuietExec: + throw "Error executing database command "" ...
    CAQuietExec: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) , Exception
    CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema
    CAQuietExec: _name = 'dataprep_service'": psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 4432 failed: fe_se
    CAQuietExec: ndauth: no password supplied
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Command line returned an error.
    CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: QuietExec Failed
    CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Failed in ExecCommon method
    CustomAction CA_SetupDPS returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Thanks for your help.

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Replicate

Patching missing data in Qlik Replicate

Hi Qlik Support,   Is there a recommendation on how to patch missing data in Qlik Replicate? We have a scenario where data is missing from the target ... Show More

Hi Qlik Support,

Is there a recommendation on how to patch missing data in Qlik Replicate?

We have a scenario where data is missing from the target for a particular time frame (e.g. 6th June 10:35AM - 11:00AM). This is because when restarting the task from a timestamp, the incorrect timestamp was used, which in turn caused source data to be skipped.

Is it possible to only replay the changes in a specified time frame? And if so, is there a best practice method or considerations that need to be taken into account when doing so?

Apologies if this idea has already been addressed in a previous community post.

Thanks,
    Nak

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Accelerating Decision-Making with Qlik Insights

Qlik enhances decision-making with high-speed insights, as Mayborn Group integrates data from various functions across their global operations, gaining a competitive edge in the childcare industry.

Customer Story

Efficiency in Agriculture: Nortera's Qlik Triumph

Nortera leads agricultural manufacturing analytics and automation with Qlik, reducing short-shipment rates and annual savings in water consumption.

Customer Story

Revolutionizing aircraft production through Data Analytics

Qlik Data Integration transforms Airbus' aircraft production, leading to over 150 replication tasks and informing more efficient analysis.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!