cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Publish from hub?

Sorry to post such a basic question, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills for not being able to figure this one out. I seem to remember in earlier versions of Qlik Sense users could publish apps directly from their Work area in the Hub as long as they had Publish rights to at least one stream. They would right-click an app and see a "Publish" option. According to the official documentation, this functionality still exists. But when I right-click an app, all I see is this:

rightclick.png

I've gone through my security rules with a fine-tooth comb and don't see any obvious issues. I'm a root admin and have Publish permission to a bunch of streams. Any ideas? Is the documentation just out of date? Or is there a config option that I'm missing?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Managed to figure this out after banging my head against the wall for a bit. The trick was modifying the built-in OwnerUpdateApp rule by checking the Publish box. In hindsight, seems obvious (since you own all apps in your personal Work space) 😶

temp.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II
Author

Managed to figure this out after banging my head against the wall for a bit. The trick was modifying the built-in OwnerUpdateApp rule by checking the Publish box. In hindsight, seems obvious (since you own all apps in your personal Work space) 😶

temp.png