Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Qlik Explorer for Developers (QEfD) is a tool that will let you to explore Qlik Sense content and obtain some valuable info. You can connect to a Qlik Sense server and drag and drop code snippets and IDs into whichever IDE you are using to build mashups or similar solutions.

You can learn more about QEfD here:

Qlik Explorer for Developers is here!

I mainly use QEfD for two tasks, to obtain objects ID so I can inject them into my webpage, and eventually to poke around object properties.

QEfD.PNG

To copy an object ID I just connect it to my server (you can also try it with your localhost:4848 or just try out the default connection to PlayGround) and then QEfD will show me a tree-list with all the apps available on that server. From there it gets pretty simple, navigate to the object I want to incorporate into my webpage, the preview tab gets very helpful to double check you are where you want to be, and then using a template* called "id" I can copy the object’s ID.

*What’s a template: is a set of code snippets which are bound to different nodes in Qlik Sense. A node is for instance a Qlik Sense application, a sheet or an object.

Since the introduction of the Visualization API a developer can create her own charts on-the-fly, this way we become independent from the Qlik Sense client and from the visualization layer within the qvf (you don’t have to create a chart first on Sense client).

To create your own charts, you are supposed to construct the object by yourself. QEfD can be super handy here. I use it to learn, and let’s face it, to copy all JSON properties from existing objects. It makes it super easy to create some pretty advanced on-the-fly charts. It almost feels like cheating, in a good way.

If you want to download now Qlik Explorer for Developers, please do it here:

Download Qlik Explorer for Developers

Built by Developers for Developers

If you want to see QEfD in action, please check out this video:

Qlik Analytics plugin for Visual Studio - YouTube

Please note that this stand alone tool works exactly as the Qlik Analytics for Visual Studio plugin.

Enjoy it!

AMZ