Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AC4
Contributor II
Contributor II

Area layer labels

I'm still new to Qlik Sense. 

I followed @Patric_Nordstrom  guide on converting an image into a map successfully. Now I am trying to include text over the map but I am running into issues.

I enabled labels for the area layers but the text is too small and I haven't seen a way to edit the font size for the labels. 

Another route I took was having the map as a master item and use Vizlib KPI Designer to overlay text layers.  The issue from this is that I think the map resizes based on screen resolution and thus has the text displayed in the wrong location that I need it to be. 

Questions:

is it possible to edit the area layer labels or edit the labels using CSS with Multi KPI?

Is it possible to have the map remain in its location when changing between monitors so that I don't have to keep moving the text layers to the proper location? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@AC4 

You can create a custom label by using a bubble layer as image url. See the attached notes I have made up. 

Note: X and Y on the Area layer should be set to 90 and 90 to stay centered on the polygon center.  

Otherwise have fun with it! I use this a lot on custom dissolved areas so that the label is more visible. 

Thanks,

Steven 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@AC4 

You can create a custom label by using a bubble layer as image url. See the attached notes I have made up. 

Note: X and Y on the Area layer should be set to 90 and 90 to stay centered on the polygon center.  

Otherwise have fun with it! I use this a lot on custom dissolved areas so that the label is more visible. 

Thanks,

Steven 

AC4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Steven_Haught

This did the trick. 

Thanks boss!