Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skage
Partner - Contributor III

Licensing-service is not working - "License process is failing to respond. Restarting process"

Hi all! 

Here's a long shot before more drastic actions might have to take place...

Could the reason to why the NPrinting Licensing Service doesn't run properly be due to a mistake made while installing?

The username of the account that is running the services is the same name as an local account and mistakenly(?) the ad-account was chosen.

Everything seems to work when a manual LEF is provided but the server need to run with the real license, that doesn't come with a control number. When applying the proper license the post-request is unsuccessful with a 405 so the web-service is answering. 

The license log only contains the message in the Subject of this post. No clues, in other logs either, to why that process isn't responding properly. 

The post-request return a json object with the content: 

{"result":null,"code":403041,"message":"License service unreachable"}

So clearly the endpoint is responding but resources that endpoint rely on are not fully functional.

Accessing https://license.qlikcloud.com/ will respond with the expected "default backend - 404" so this seems to be within NPrinting.

Swapping the "Log on as" for the Services seems uncertain when certs and multiple folders are involved.

Any input is appreciated!

TIA!

/lars

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you checked the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-SLK-License-cannot-be-applied...?

Are you using a proxy ? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/LicenseServiceP...

It is also possible to activate Qlik NPrinting offline https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Offline-licensi...

If previous suggestions do not solve, I would like to suggest you to open a support ticket. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Skage
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Yes I checked that. I can reach the endpoint and there is no proxy configured in the Internet Options.

No, I have not tested the Offline-licensing. Will try it right now. That is not the desired setup because then the license must be manually updated going forward.

The problem isn't not reaching the lef-server or starting the local NPrinting Licensing Service  but making it start properly.

I'll post again when I have tested the offline but I'll probably have to open a support ticket as well.

/lars

Skage
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Hi again... we actually did test offline-licensing with a temporary license.

I'll be working with this customer tomorrow and will create a support ticket.

Is there a way to get a more verbose log?

Just stating "License process is failing to respond. Restarting process" is 100% correct but not very useful in isolating the issue.

/lars

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To set the license logs to debug:

1. edit the file C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\NPrinting\License\license.config 
  2. uncomment last line <add key="log-level" value="debug" />
  3. save the .config file and restart the service

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Skage
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Debug entries are now present in the log but still no trace to why the licensing-service isn't working.

Just a bunch of lines like this in a new log file every couple of minute (i guess one per internal restart):

{"caller":"middleware.go:78","level":"debug","name":"HealthGet","req.method":"GET","req.url":"/health","timestamp":"2023-10-03T11:04:32.4479209Z"}
{"caller":"middleware.go:88","level":"debug","message":"http request","name":"HealthGet","req.method":"GET","req.url":"/health","res.statusCode":"200","timestamp":"2023-10-03T11:04:32.4479209Z"}
{"caller":"sync.go:172","count":0,"level":"debug","logTraceId":"3a253d0ede685d6cea599a81220ee21c","message":"found license(s) for sync","timestamp":"2023-10-03T11:04:38.446035Z"}

Is it plausible that this is due to the ad-service-account was used instead of a local-account? I would think so if general usage was affected but it isn't...

TIA!

/lars

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Skage if the licensing service is not responding we will activate if using the offline method 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please, open a support ticket, if you didn't already, and include the whole log files, not just few rows. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero