Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Qlik NPrinting Designer can’t find a supported template editor for Excel and PowerPoint

[Edited]

Dear All,

Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR3, or newer, solves this issue and is available for download. Refer to the Release Notes https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-May-2021-SR3/ta-p/1872634#toc-hId-4043113....

Thanks to some conversations with Qlik NPrinting users we discovered that latest version v2109 of Excel and PowerPoint include in Microsoft Office 365 is not working correctly with Qlik NPrinting Designer. The R&D team is working right now to solve at the same time we suggest avoid installing Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint v2109 on the computers you use to edit Qlik NPrinting templates. Please note that Qlik NPrinting uses Microsoft Office only to edit report templates. Instead it is not used to generate reports.

To check the version of Microsoft Office you are using refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-office-what-version-of-office-am-i-using-932788b8-a...

The update history for Microsoft 365 Apps is available at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

You can also refer to the support article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-can-t-find-supported-reporting-template-edito...

SUGGESTED SOLUTION https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-support...

Word. PixelPerfect and HTML templates are not affected.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Labels (2)
43 Replies
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello i made the upgrading of nprinting may 2021 SR3 (designer,server and engine) always the same issue... Excel 2016

same issue for few month ....

Frank_S
Support
Support

@ALEX1977ALEX

Your issue may be separate from the resolution provided in May 2021 SR 3 release of NPrinting.

Check the following article - point by point - as one of the items mentioned therein may solve the issue if upgrade to May 2021 SR 3 has not solved it.

Kind regards...

Related Information:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

None of these resolutions including the upgrade, office version, resolution options, DPI settings, etc ever successfully resolved this issue.  I can sometimes get this to work and then when I try again a few days later, it's broken again and I cannot resolve.  Once in a while I will try it and it works before it breaks again.  I think I'm going to be asking for my company's money back since the product hasn't worked in at least the past 1-2 years.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi @mshann01 ,

This issue was solved around one year ago and many customers are using the newer version with success. This specific issue appeared around one year ago so, if you are having difficulties for 2 years, you are experiencing something else that needs to be investigated. 

If you haven't done yet, I suggest you open a support ticket so a Qlik NPrinting expert can help you and you can send us all the details to replicate your problem, like screenshots of the errors, steps to do to replicate them, detailed log files, etc. Check also if you are having the problem with only one computer or in all ones with Qlik NPrinting Designer installed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Digvijay_Singh

Agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli, I think I was the one who raised powerpoint issue for the first time and it was directly linked to our office upgrade. We used downgraded office until it got resolved in I think SR3 May 2021. 

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conversations on Qlik Community for "Qlik NPrinting Designer cannot find a supported reporting template editor" date back to 2017 at least.  There's many newer and updated conversations since then with many people having the same issue even on May 2021 SR3.  The supposed fix might have worked for "many" but not everyone.  The product itself is half-baked at best and the most disappointing product associated with Qlik by far.  The complete abandonment of it with SaaS shows how desperate Qlik is to eventually wash their hands of it.  

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

This conversation is related to a specific problem that appeared in Qlik NPrinting Designer after the release of a specific update of Microsoft Office. There are previous conversations, for example, many are related to the zoom level and many repeat the same question.

Qlik NPrinting is currently maintained from the November 2020 release onwards. We also released recently a new SR. 

So, if you have issues that are still not solved I suggest you again to open the related support ticket immediately. We are here to help. Don't wait a so long time to write us.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Digvijay_Singh

@mshann01 

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with nprinting, We have been using nprinting since 2017, had issues before but never had any showstopper since now. As per my experience Nprinting has got best support amongst all the qlik products. I have never experienced even a day of delay in getting support from our nprinting community. ( Cannot say much about qlik support we have been assigned 😞

@Ruggero_Piccoli , @Frank_S @Lech_Miszkiewicz are active 24/7 I think 🙂 They have shared tons of documents/posts covering all the major complexities of this product. I still feel you should share more details about your problem over here and I am very positive it will get resolved sooner. Best of luck!!!!

Thanks,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

@Digvijay_Singh more or less! We are in very different time zones so when one starts to work the other finish.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Indeed we have it covered 24/7 - @Ruggero_Piccoli covers Europe time, @Frank_S US and Canada and I do Australia and Pacific timezone although I often stay up 😛 Both of them are support and I am only community member. 

@Digvijay_Singh - I agree with you, my experience is similar with yours (. One thing I learned was that you have to ask right question, provide all available information and only then expect answers. Questions like "NPrinting is not working - what should I do???" has no value. We must know what was already tried and go through each scenario step by step. 

@mshann01 - With this particular issue it is usually related to OS and 3rd party components (office). It is possible that companies install office with additional add-ons which may cause other issues and we will never know about it. It is important to understand the hardware as well. Providing info about facts like number of screens, screen resolutions, whether it is local or remote machine, scaling etc...If you have multiple screens have you checked if all of them are scaled down to 100%? There is so many factors that is hard to say which one is the one possibly causing issues. Frankly saying I had that problem in the past and always with one or another tweak I was able to fix it. Given that I use NPrinting in our clients environments it was always something new.  Ruggero has given you additional answers and suggested opening a support case. Once you do that you may follow up so he, or someone else from support can help you with this one. 

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.